• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 stage 10: Périgueu > Bergerac - 178 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Gloin22 said:
LaFlorecita said:
classicomano said:
Bouhanni again straight up punching someone in the face. Top left of the peloton.

https://streamable.com/8x6zf

What a total ****.
"Punching" he pushed the Quickstep rider after the Quickstep rider pushed him out of the way

That is not a sanction but Froome one was :lol:

Jeez Flo, the double standards

C'mon now the Running Man always apologizes ! Something tells me that Bouhanni isn't the apologetic type. Maybe if he wins.

DFA123 said:
Eclipse said:
It might be a bit of a crap route and the Sagan DQ was disappointing but I don't think people can really say Kittel is undeserving of a green jersey. He's unquestionably the strongest sprinter in the field and when he's been healthy it's basically been that way since 2014. It's nice to see him surfing wheels and freelancing a bit this season as well and doing some work without a supremely organised lead out train. I'm sad Sagan is out and that the green jersey looks like a procession but happy that Kittel looks like he'll get the race long accolade to back up his unquestionable strength
This. I think, because of his obvious power, his positioning and timing is quite under-rated and something that has improved in the last year or so. Means that Quickstep can spend even more resources chasing down breaks if they need to, rather than holding men back for the leadout.
Back in the day Argos certainly had to build a sprint train for Kittel. Nowadays he simply gets placed by Sabatini (or not) like McEwen used to by Steegmans.

Gloin22 said:
LaFlorecita said:
classicomano said:
Bouhanni again straight up punching someone in the face. Top left of the peloton.

What a total ****.
"Punching" he pushed the Quickstep rider after the Quickstep rider pushed him out of the way

Where did I write this shouldn't be sanctioned? Please point it out to me.

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

Frankschleck said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
Frankschleck said:
People saying kittel doesn't deserve green. He is by far the best sprinter in the world, and in my personal opinion, i don't even think sagan could beat him for the green jersey this year. Of course he derseves it, if ends up with it.

Often..like quite recently, the fastest sprinter in the race doesn't win Green in Paris.

Agree, if he wins it he deserves it."..considering the reduced field ;)

Considering the reduced field?
Him or sagan would probably win anyhow, so he is not winning just because of a reduced field :)

Arnaud Démare ?

classicomano said:
LaFlorecita said:
classicomano said:

What a total ****.
You must be a massive fanboy if you consider that "pushing".

Definitely an elbow if that Sagan move was an elbow :D

Re: Tour de France 2017 stage 10: Périgueu > Bergerac - 178

Dekker_Tifosi said:
And just like the last sprint stage, Groenewegen highest top speed over the final 500m.

Goddamn, start in front boy.
Sprinters in the wheels will obviously tend to go faster.
This argument of 'x was the fastest today even if y won' has been repeated here ad nauseam.

swissfr said:
Frankschleck said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
Frankschleck said:
People saying kittel doesn't deserve green. He is by far the best sprinter in the world, and in my personal opinion, i don't even think sagan could beat him for the green jersey this year. Of course he derseves it, if ends up with it.

Often..like quite recently, the fastest sprinter in the race doesn't win Green in Paris.

Agree, if he wins it he deserves it."..considering the reduced field ;)

Considering the reduced field?
Him or sagan would probably win anyhow, so he is not winning just because of a reduced field :)

Arnaud Démare ?

kittel is a lot faster than demare. But yeah demare might have stood a small chance, but i just don't think so with this point system.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Gloin22 said:
LaFlorecita said:
classicomano said:

What a total ****.

Where did I write this shouldn't be sanctioned? Please point it out to me.

You said he only ''pushed'' . Pushing on itself is a legal thing. So you clearly insinuate he didn't do anything wrong/

When I was watching the first few stages, on several occasions I thought that Kittel was way back and he still won.

I've made the adjustment, today I thought he was perfectly positioned and he won comfortably. He's heads and shoulders above the others.

Gloin22 said:
LaFlorecita said:
classicomano said:

What a total ****.

bml.gif

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Sestriere said:
171. GRIVKO Andrei - Astana Pro Team 1:36
172. CATALDO Dario - Astana Pro Team ,,
175. KOZHATAYEV Bakhtiyar - Astana Pro Team 2:34
176. GRUZDEV Dmitriy - Astana Pro Team ,,
177. LUTSENKO Alexey - Astana Pro Team ,,

Astana planning fireworks for the weekend? :D
Gruzdev and Kozhatayev were probably nursing Lutsenko to the finish rather than resting

So Bouhanni has been punished very severely. Not only does he lose all his GC ambitions with a one-minute penalty, he also has to pay 200 Swiss Francs for punching a colleague.

Sorry, but it has now officially become impossible to not come to the conclusion that the jury is heavily biased towards French riders and not acting independently of ASO (as if there were any doubt after the Sagan/Démare debacle).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Eagle said:
Sestriere said:

Gruzdev and Kozhatayev were probably nursing Lutsenko to the finish rather than resting
Kozhatayev was actually not bad on stage 9, the last guy to stay with Aru and Birdsong.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Mayomaniac said:
Eagle said:
Sestriere said:

Kozhatayev was actually not bad on stage 9, the last guy to stay with Aru and Birdsong.
Oh I wasn't saying they are bad or won't be any help. Just worried about Lutsenko after his crash on Sunday

Re:

tobydawq said:
So Bouhanni has been punished very severely. Not only does he lose all his GC ambitions with a one-minute penalty, he also has to pay 200 Swiss Francs for punching a colleague.

Sorry, but it has now officially become impossible to not come to the conclusion that the jury is heavily biased towards French riders and not acting independently of ASO (as if there were any doubt after the Sagan/Démare debacle).
Your conspiracy theory is laughable.