• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 17: La Mure > Serre-Chevalier 183k

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Blanco said:
Tier 1 is only Froome, as things stands right now. Contador, Quintana and Nibali are not there anymore. Dumoulin needs a confirmation to become one. Bardet, Uran, Aru are not one of those...
Maybe we're playing semantics here or there is a language thing, but one rider isn't a tier.

It's entirely semantics anyway. It's like how one might classify "world class" or "all time great" as 10 people, another 100. Silly discussion without establishing criteria.

For me, tier one is people who you could say 'they have a chance to win' without seeing the route (as long as the route was within normal parameters).
Froome obviously
Dumoulin
Quintana
Porte (i don't care that he has never finished on a podium, he can climb and he can TT)
Nibali (at a push)

Anyone outside of these 5 needs a weak field, or a specific route (i'd love next year for the tour to have 100km of TT, and loads of ridiculous mountain stages so that Froome has to worry about Dumoulin and Landa), or ridiculous fortune to win.

Follow up insta story from Kittel.

24238_826d6e01e09042a1c29fee9dd753452b.png

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Singer01 said:
For me, tier one is people who you could say 'they have a chance to win' without seeing the route (as long as the route was within normal parameters).
Froome obviously
Dumoulin
Quintana
Porte (i don't care that he has never finished on a podium, he can climb and he can TT)
Nibali (at a push)

Anyone outside of these 5 needs a weak field, or a specific route (i'd love next year for the tour to have 100km of TT, and loads of ridiculous mountain stages so that Froome has to worry about Dumoulin and Landa), or ridiculous fortune to win.
The itt un the tour it's over with the french climbers