• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 19:Embrun-Salon-de-Provence 222.5K

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Frankschleck said:
ebh has a smaller chance to win here, than if it had ended in a bunch sprint, no one wants to arrive with him now.
Certainly not. There are enough riders in the break that fancy their chances for a top 3 or even a stage win so he'll get some help.

i think it is going to be hard for him, as he is also going to miss his lead out, but i hope i am wrong.

Re:

Frankschleck said:
ebh has a smaller chance to win here, than if it had ended in a bunch sprint, no one wants to arrive with him now.

Fortunately for him there is a lot of different teams represented in the breakaway. He´ll get help even though he will have to spend a lot of energy to control the final kilometers.

Some great digs on the live.cyclingnews.com coverage. There was one on Contador a few days ago I unfortunately can't seem to find. But this is the leader for today's entry:

"Next time you have a flippant comment about the Hammer Series, or you roll your eyes as you realise another Tour of Britain stage starts and finishes outside an Asda carpark, or when you find yourself questioning your own futile existence, remember this stage. This 222.km stage from Embrun to Salon-de-Provence."

Re:

carton said:
Some great digs on the live.cyclingnews.com coverage. There was one on Contador a few days ago I unfortunately can't seem to find. But this is the leader for today's entry:

"Next time you have a flippant comment about the Hammer Series, or you roll your eyes as you realise another Tour of Britain stage starts and finishes outside an Asda carpark, or when you find yourself questioning your own futile existence, remember this stage. This 222.km stage from Embrun to Salon-de-Provence."
This contrasts with cryptic comments like: "If rumours are to be believed Dan Martin, Fabio Aru and Elia Viviani will be joining the former Sky man at UAE next season. The Italian is going there, for sure"

Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
carton said:

This contrasts with cryptic comments like: "If rumours are to be believed Dan Martin, Fabio Aru and Elia Viviani will be joining the former Sky man at UAE next season. The Italian is going there, for sure"

This feels like a Shakespeare class.

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
today's stage is turning out to be like one of those forgettable 2.HC stages or an early season 1.HC semi classic
...or some stage of the TDU :lol:

okay I kid on that last comparison...nowhere near that bad ;)

TRENDING THREADS