Tour de France 2017 Stage 20:Marseille > Marseille22.5KM

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

hazaran said:
He has announced no such thing, as race leader he is going to wear the Coq Sportif skinsuit not the Castelli one. This was clear from day one.

Of course when he duly takes a minute out of everyone tomorrow all that French whining over Vortex Vortices will immediately vaporize and be revealed for the silly nonsense it is.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-vortex-generator-skinsuit-for-froome-in-final-tour-de-france-time-trial/

I don't recall him ever commenting on it before, even when asked. And there's a thread in here somewhere that seems to strongly suggest that he has been using re-badged Bioracer skinsuits all the while.

Anyway he seems really confident, and with reason.
 
If Uran somehow ends up getting yellow I'd lmao. Seriously, that would be so hilarious after all so many people, including me, wrote that his TT has become horrible. But well, I think it's more likely that Landa will get a podium than that Uran catches Froome.
 
Jul 6, 2012
223
0
0
Valv.Piti said:
s.i. said:
Watch out for Kwiato. Rooting for him to get a stage win.

What do you think about Jasha Sütterlin and Stephen Cummings?
No and no. I think its between Kwito, Froomey, Rogla and maybe Contador. Castro a decent outsider. Jasha i spent me thinks, this level is too high also and theres a pretty sharp hill.

In my non-encyclopaedic cycling knowledge, what planetary body has a result where post-ban Dirty contests this as a win? (Serious question)
 
Jun 15, 2015
273
0
0
Forecast is mostly tailwind on the flat part at the waterfront, so the hill and technical sections will decide. Think we could see someone like Kwiatkowski or even EBH if he goes for it, technically good riders with some real kick on the short climb.
Roglic the biggest favorite for me here.
 
Jan 20, 2016
684
0
0
Re:

tom_cart said:
A question: if the time gap after tomorrow remains around the thirty second mark or less, does that mean the champagne quaffing at the start of the last stage would be cancelled in case of an audacious attach on the champs? If not how small would the gap have to be for this to happen?
unlikely. we've had 20 sec gaps heading into Paris in the past.

nobody attacks the yellow jersey on that stage
 
Roglic ftw..
1st TdF and 1 mountain win already.. maybe another podium on the prologue "if" and who knows tomorrow.. really good!
Uran for the overall some how.. will be funny if he wins without literally having had 1 little dig over 3 weeks
 
Re: Re:

Lupi33x said:
tom_cart said:
A question: if the time gap after tomorrow remains around the thirty second mark or less, does that mean the champagne quaffing at the start of the last stage would be cancelled in case of an audacious attach on the champs? If not how small would the gap have to be for this to happen?
unlikely. we've had 20 sec gaps heading into Paris in the past.

nobody attacks the yellow jersey on that stage
What is the protocol if an unscrupulous opponent attacked?
 
Jul 14, 2017
20
0
0
The Barb said:
Roglic deserves to be the overwhelming favourite. Anything over odds on is decent value.
Corals seem to agree with you .roglic 7/5, Froomey 2/1, everyonelse 7/1 upwards
 
Gigs_98 said:
If Uran somehow ends up getting yellow I'd lmao. Seriously, that would be so hilarious after all so many people, including me, wrote that his TT has become horrible. But well, I think it's more likely that Landa will get a podium than that Uran catches Froome.
Even for someone like Dumoulin, 30 secs is a lot to make up against Froome on a short course. Uran would not only need the TT o his life but also for Froome to have a mechanical.

Although I'm in the "anyone but Froome" camp and I quite like Uran, fact is Froome's been the strongest and Uran is the least deserving winner in the top 10. Still, I'll be pleased to see Uran get a podium.
 
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Roglic is obviously the big favorite, but I think that Kwiakowski could potentially challenge him as this route is almost perfect for him and he's in absolute monster shape.
I agree that in terms of the stage results, Flowers is the dark horse. It's a great course for him, but he's done more work than anybody over the last couple of weeks, so a lot will depend on his energy levels.
 
Re: Re:

Tank Engine said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Roglic is obviously the big favorite, but I think that Kwiakowski could potentially challenge him as this route is almost perfect for him and he's in absolute monster shape.
I agree that in terms of the stage results, Flowers is the dark horse. It's a great course for him, but he's done more work than anybody over the last couple of weeks, so a lot will depend on his energy levels.
That is indeed true, but on the other hand, it seems that no one can go as deep as Kwiatkowski for 30 minutes. He can empty himself completely, more than I can remember seeing in any other rider.
 
Re:

Armchaircyclist said:
Kwiat will softpedal this one as his work is done. Is this short enough for a sprinter or puncheur ? EBH will probably save himself for NeXT day, otherwise this could be a good stage for him.
Why should he soft pedal then? He might if he's spent and feels there's no chance for him to put up a result, but I don't get the other argument.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS