• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2018 stage 8: Dreux > Amiens Métropole 181 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win the stage?

• Fernando Gaviria

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Dylan Groenewegen

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • André Greipel

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Mark Cavendish

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Marcel Kittel

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Red Rick said:
You can't deny that it's on the 2nd Saturday of the race that it really kicks off.

Ouch! :lol: I think everyone knew when the route was announced that the first week was TTT & cobbles. Otherwise normal snooze stages (or "recovery stages" as SDB says)

Edit - I see it rolls off at 11.35 CET so we can all see the soccer. Long lunch, siesta, final kms.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
I thought I lived in "Venice of the North" but it seems there's about 40 towns that claim that. :)

Entering Amiens the peloton turns left with 4 kilometres left to fly down a drop. So the rhythm will be high when the riders hit a sharp right-hand bend with 2.8 kilometres to go, shortly followed by a slight left-hander. The drop ends 2 kilometres before the line with a 90-degrees left-hand bend, while the route turns left at a roundabout with 500 metres to go. The last 700 metres are slightly uphill (1%).

stage-8-finish.jpg

Could well be Groenewegen again.
Crashes would be a high possibility.. :rolleyes:

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Probably they could not fit an exciting stage as well as the Roubaix stage in the same weekend because of the world cup. Besides considering France in the final, there would be more interest there compared to lesser visibility of French riders in the TDF

Even an ITT would have been better. Come to think of it, has there been an ITT on Quatorze Juillet?