• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019: Second rest day: Who will win le TDF?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win the Tour de France?

• Julian Alaphilippe

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Geraint Thomas

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Egan Bernal

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • Thibaut Pinot

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • Emanuel Buchmann

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Steven Kruijswijk

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Mikel Landa

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Rigoberto Uran

• Jakob Fuglsang

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pinot has shown himself to be the strongest, but although his team are reasonably strong, he'll likely find himself isolated against Thomas and Bernal at some point. Alaphilippe will surely fall away in the Alps, Kruiswijk will be happy to ride for a podium, and the others are too far back. Ineos vs Pinot, for me.

I think anybody from top 6 can win it. Gap betweem Thomas and Buchmann is only 39 seconds which is not too much at all. Ala may or may not crack. G can find 3rd week form. Bernal is not proven yet. Kruijswijk and Buchmann were great in Pyrenees. They can win. but Tibo Pino is in pole position for me.It is his race to loose now. I voted for Manny cause I want yellow for Bora and it is doable.

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Heart says Manny Bookman

But I still think Thomas is the favourite
Oh Manny Bookman as well, what a nice rider. Also rooting for Pinot, Alafpolak and Bernal for the win. Not too fond of Stevie Wonder and I dont wanna see Thomas win again. Basically, I actually like quite a few of these guys.

Then you obviously have Valverde and Landa on the next places, so I wont have a problem with a few of these guys cracking either. :D

Jun 24, 2019
Visit site
Re: Tour de France 2019: Second rest day: Who will win le TD

Sagan will have green fully sewn up by Thursday and will then become a very interesting helper for Buchmann. Pinot looks strongest but seems kind of destined to fail somehow. I want Ala to hang on but today was not encouraging. Kruijswijk has great support. But we all know Ineos will find a way.
1. Thomas
2. Pinot
3. Bernal
4. Buchmann
5. Kruijswijk
6. Alaphilippe

Simurgh said:
Only 5 racing days left (discounting the parade in Paris) of a close and open Tour, which bodes well, especially for excitement - something not seen since 2011! Now, who is going to take it in the end and why do you think that it will be him in particular? Just in case, I have listed the whole top 10 in the poll.

Under which condition it is allowed to race for GC in Paris?

Imagine that Bernal is the leader but Alaphilippe, Buchmann, Kruijswijk and Valverde are all loosing less than 10 seconds. What would be the result?

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site

Météo France forecast thunderstorm for friday and saturday, but the weather forecasts are not 100% sure. If true, it may give an advantage to Pinot.

boneshaker said:
Simurgh said:
Only 5 racing days left (discounting the parade in Paris) of a close and open Tour, which bodes well, especially for excitement - something not seen since 2011! Now, who is going to take it in the end and why do you think that it will be him in particular? Just in case, I have listed the whole top 10 in the poll.

Imagine that Bernal is the leader but Alaphilippe, Buchmann, Kruijswijk and Valverde are all loosing less than 10 seconds. What would be the result?

imagine Pinot trailing 3 seconds after Bernal and sprinting on Champs-Élysées for bonus seconds and yellow :D

boneshaker said:

It is always allowed, it just isn't done because it's pointless 99/100 times.

I have this very bad feeling that Pinot might have blown the tour by not putting more time into Thomas. I have the gut feeling that in the alps thomas will be able to hang on, not lose any more time and win the tour by a few seconds.

Gigs_98 said:
I have this very bad feeling that Pinot might have blown the tour by not putting more time into Thomas. I have the gut feeling that in the alps thomas will be able to hang on, not lose any more time and win the tour by a few seconds.

I agree. I can see Pinot trying his heart out in Alps, but not being able to make selection anymore. Bernal shutting down the moves and Thomas+SK driving back to them. SK with couple of moves with no long lasting effect. Thomas sprinting for bonus seconds (where break doesn't survive) and winning by half minute roughly. Manny to me is actually the dark horse for now.

TRENDING THREADS