• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019 stage 16: Nîmes > Nîmes

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
I had to google the Pont du Gard aqueduct as well, it's an absolutely marvelous and ingenious work of art and engineering.

And it was in active use for centuries, and still standing today after nearly 2000 years. How many structures that were built in the last couple decades will last like that I wonder?

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
MrTea1976 said:
I don't know why but I really want GVA to win the stage with a late attack.

He's been a bit anonymous in the race so far. Unlike him.

Well, he wore the polkadot jersey for a couple of days on home soil, and he's in the top ten of the points classification. You can hardly call that 'anonymous', of course.

But I know what you mean. You expect a rider like him to come closer to a stage victory, or to be more involved in attacks. The stage of De Gendt and especially the one of Impey were missed opportunities. Being absent in the latter however was a result of seeing De Marchi on the ground, just before the decisive break went away.

These last days, Greg suffered from bowel problems. He hopes to recover and contest the stage to Gap, tomorrow.

kuTReya.jpg

The hard racing of the last days, in combination with the current heat, is having a great impact on the riders.

Pointing out: absolutely sure Valverde will look like this one day, and absolutely sure Quintana already looks like this.

Re:

Wvv said:
kuTReya.jpg

The hard racing of the last days, in combination with the current heat, is having a great impact on the riders.

Pointing out: absolutely sure Valverde will look like this one day, and absolutely sure Quintana already looks like this.

Dude in the middle is Richard Nixon's lost son who went to Europe and took up cycling.

TRENDING THREADS