• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019 stage 17: Pont du Gard > Gap 200 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I rode the sentinelle about a month ago. there are a few steep kms where an attacking rider could get a gap, as it were ... maybe 30 seconds max. The descent is not steep, however.

Looking ahead, I did the étape du tour on Sunday. If it’s hot and a few riders crack there will be carnage. The final climb was endless. 34 km or so with one brief descent in the middle. 3 or 4 places where a serious attack could be launched. The complication is that if there’s a headwind coming down from Val Thorens drafting will discourage any solo escapees.

Re: Re:

Salvarani said:
Bardamu said:
What a complete waste of a team Sunweb is. I can't think of a single reason of why Matthews is not in the break. Despite the reason that Visbeek & Spekenbrink are a bunch of losers.

Maybe he just missed it.

yup, it's very possible, same for sagan I guess. Why on earth isn't he there that's a mystery, especially if oss and postlberger are there.

TRENDING THREADS