• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 Rest Day 1 Poll: Who is going to win?

Tour de France 2020 Rest Day 1 Poll: Who is going to win?

• 1- ROGLIČ Primož

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • 2- BERNAL Egan

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • 3- MARTIN Guillaume

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 4- BARDET Romain

• 5- QUINTANA Nairo

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 6- URÁN Rigoberto

• 7- POGAČAR Tadej

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 8- YATES Adam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9- LÓPEZ Miguel Ángel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10- LANDA Mikel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idk, I think nobody except Pogacar and I'm just not sure if he has the top level climbing (yet) to gain enough time in the Alps to win it all. So Roglic is probably the rational option although I'm still not 100% convinced about how well peak Roglic is actually climbing and I can still see him fading in the 3rd week.
That said I didn't really want to vote for the boring option Roglic so instead I voted Bernal. I expect his shape to get quite a lot better and I still think peak Bernal drops peak Roglic on a HC mtf quite substantially. Whether he hits that peak, well that's the big question but I don't think it's all that unlikely.

Idk, I think nobody except Pogacar and I'm just not sure if he has the top level climbing (yet) to gain enough time in the Alps to win it all. So Roglic is probably the rational option although I'm still not 100% convinced about how well peak Roglic is actually climbing and I can still see him fading in the 3rd week.
That said I didn't really want to vote for the boring option Roglic so instead I voted Bernal. I expect his shape to get quite a lot better and I still think peak Bernal drops peak Roglic on a HC mtf quite substantially. Whether he hits that peak, well that's the big question but I don't think it's all that unlikely.
Bernal and Pogacar are obviousy gonna destroy each other for the white jersey. Dumoulin is there to bring Roglic the popcorn.

But yeah I think Roglic is gonna be too solid. I don't really think Grand Colombier is that great anymore. Col de la Loze alone is probably not enough. Tons of climbs you can put next to Col de la Loze, and I don't think the super long climbs have the massive differences at the front. Typical Ineos one climb blowouts are just having the strongest climber in the race, the strongest team in the race and then just drilling it till everyone's dead. I don't see how they have the team to isolate Jumbo and then beat Roglic for a really big amount of time.

Pogacar definitely makes a better impression on me, but he has no team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Roglic because until he looks like being droppable I see no reason to doubt him. He's basically completely impervious.

That said I think JV have made some real mistakes with not punishing those who were struggling and Bernal could punish them in turn if he's survived through his struggles.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Top 6 is looking fairly set already IMO:

Roglic
Bernal/Pogacar fighting for 2nd and 3rd
4th to 6th between Landa, Quintana and Martin, in that order.

Only potential partycrashers I'm seeing are Bardet and Uran.

Porte, Mas, Yates and the others will continue to drift down the GC as the race goes on.

TRENDING THREADS