• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 16 (La Tour-du-Pin - Villard-de-Lans, 164 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This will be Bora all over the first hour, a break with too few and weak riders and a GC group where nothing happens except a high pace drilling it up on the last 1st cat. climb.
After that climb, there are some opportunities for a non-GC rider winning the stage but only with favourable wind and the GC group letting someone up the road.

This will be Bora all over the first hour, a break with too few and weak riders and a GC group where nothing happens except a high pace drilling it up on the last 1st cat. climb.
After that climb, there are some opportunities for a non-GC rider winning the stage but only with favourable wind and the GC group letting someone up the road.

Honestly they might as well just make a gentleman's agreement to let Sagan go in the break.

If they don't Bora are just going to kill everyone's legs and it's unlikely someone like Bennet hangs on anyway if it's 100% from the gun

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Maybe INEOS wants to have a "not without a fight" performance? Today looks like a golden opportunity for Kwiatkowski, Sivakov, Amador, Carapaz... it's really the perfect day to get an edge with a team attack
On profile, this is less hard than tomorrow, but if time gaps are to be seen on Loze (which seems to be the "official" day to sort things out in the minds of the top 10 guys), today needs to be a hard day for everybody. The way I look at this, today is a big part of tomorrow's stage, given that we only have Madeleine before the MTF
So I hope you guys are wrong about the easy breakaway and the nothingness up to 500m to the line ;)

Honestly they might as well just make a gentleman's agreement to let Sagan go in the break.

If they don't Bora are just going to kill everyone's legs and it's unlikely someone like Bennet hangs on anyway if it's 100% from the gun
I can't see DQS making any gentleman's agreement. They at least have to infiltrate a break with Sagan with the right guys to steal points away, so they will allow any break without Sagan, but Bora won't allow that. And DQS won't allow any break with Sagan.

Thank heavens for the green jersey contest to potentially animate the early stages (which my broadcaster won't be showing :confused_old:).

Surely a team during the rest day will have identified someone to challenge for polka? I'm looking at you Barguil (now that Quintana is out of the running). Maybe even a Valverde or Carapaz. Its got to be better than achieving nothing, right? Oh wait, Movistar will prioritise the team comp.

Reactions: Sandisfan

No chance the make that agreement. Sagan only got a 30 second gap on the cat 4 right before the intermediate the other day only got 5 points more than bennett.