• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So I understand there's a big tailwind on the first section for the riders right now
tenor.gif

Reactions: Red Rick
Good but since I think we will see a new record today, probably 2 minutes to take from Cavagne still.

2017:5,9 km@8,5%---16:12---average speed 21.85 km/h(Fabio Aru)-RECORD
2014:5,9 km@8,5%---16:44---average speed 21.16 km/h(Vincenzo Nibali)
2012:5,9 km@8,5%---16:20---average speed 21.67 km/h(Chris Froome)
I have no idea man, I reckon GC guys will normally go at least a minute faster but maybe Cavagna has much more favorable conditions.

Froome did a 16:11 in 2012 Tour, but not sure if it was part of a TT or not.

pPUDPP4.jpg
TDF 2012 wasn't an ITT, no. I think it was the first time it was in the TDF, or at least in a long time.
I will always remember this stage, as Jurgen Van den Broeck had a puncture about 12k before the finish (MTF), and Lotto gave zero f*cks and nobody waited for him :tearsofjoy:
He lost 2 minutes there, but "luckily" he missed the podium by 4 minutes, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS