• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020 | Stage 21 (Mantes-la-Jolie - Paris, 122 km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Movistar... I don't even know why this upsets me so much. Yes, they won the team classification, but had they not been in the race not one thing would have changed. Did they make a relevant move, just one, throughout the whole race?
If you can't do more, okay. But the satisfaction they are displaying with this somehow gets to me...
It's the only way to bring Valverde on the podium nowadays ;)

Reactions: Bolder
EiYGh__WsAATcRC

Movistar... I don't even know why this upsets me so much. Yes, they won the team classification, but had they not been in the race not one thing would have changed. Did they make a relevant move, just one, throughout the whole race?
If you can't do more, okay. But the satisfaction they are displaying with this somehow gets to me...
They just finished the race in the middle of a pandemic, arguably the hardest sporting event in the world. Three weeks ago it was 50/50 whether they’d reach Paris. They finished with a rider in the Top 5 who they just signed in hopes of their future. They had a solid if unspectacular Tour. Get over it.

Reactions: Koronin and yaco
Love watching the genius young prodigies rise to ultimate glory at ever younger ages but it’s also great that we get stories like Sam Bennett of someone who has steadily progressed for nearly a decade rarely getting the big opportunities and has now grabbed the benefit of having DQS at his disposal to empty himself and come away with the best race of his life.

Watched it a bit late today, and it was bloody weird seeing all the empty streets of Paris for it.

I've been to this stage and stood on the corner opposite the exit of the Tunnel (across from Norwegian corner) and place was packed. Today was just sad looking in comparison.

Watched it a bit late today, and it was bloody weird seeing all the empty streets of Paris for it.

I've been to this stage and stood on the corner opposite the exit of the Tunnel (across from Norwegian corner) and place was packed. Today was just sad looking in comparison.

No kidding huh? Empty streets like that was weird.

TRENDING THREADS