• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 7 (Millau - Lavaur, 168 km)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If they did let WvA contest the sprints in stage 1 and 3, he may have led the points competition by now. Two times 5th would have been enough. Maybe on stage 1 he could have done even more.

There is absolutely no doubt Van Aert can take green in Paris, if the team makes it a priority.

But, for a team that has never won the Tour, it might be wise to actually try and win the Tour first, and then worry about green next year ;)

There is absolutely no doubt Van Aert can take green in Paris, if the team makes it a priority.

But, for a team that has never won the Tour, it might be wise to actually try and win the Tour first, and then worry about green next year ;)
They've probably talked this all over before the Tour and Van Aert probably agreed he wouldn't go for green. He's gotten two chances and got 2 wins so I don't think he has many reasons to complain.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't understand. Sorry I just keep missing your point.

Fair enough, I'll try to explain a different way.

Carapaz had a technical and got dropped because of it.

Ineos send Castroviejo to help him but keep Kwiatkowski with Bernal.

If Bernal has a technical he also gets dropped because of it, and there is nothing Kwiatkowski can do to stop it.... it's exactly what happened to Carapaz.

As such, Kwiatkowski has no purpose with Bernal and might as well have helped Carapaz limit the time loss, and if Bernal had a technical, they would have picked him up on the way.

TRENDING THREADS