• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 7 (Millau - Lavaur, 168 km)

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't really understand the hate for Ala? From the helicopter shot it looks to me like he starts the sprint and keeps his line. Then there is a small collision with Stuyven where neither of them is in fault I think, there was just no space left. He lost his balance (or dropped chain or unclipped) and then he waves his arm in frustration yes but he still manages to keep his line and is not hindering anyone.

Unless I missed some parts I didn't see him swerve from left to right?

I don't really understand the hate for Ala? From the helicopter shot it looks to me like he starts the sprint and keeps his line. Then there is a small collision with Stuyven where neither of them is in fault I think, there was just no space left. He lost his balance (or dropped chain or unclipped) and then he waves his arm in frustration yes but he still manages to keep his line and is not hindering anyone.

Unless I missed some parts I didn't see him swerve from left to right?

Yeah, I will concede I was being too harsh, it looked worse to me live :)

However, his reaction after getting bumped is not great, in the middle of a bunch sprint ;)

If yesterday was boring, today was super exciting from start to finish. I was rather sad about Pogačar, but 1:20 is not a complete dissaster. If he is good enough uphill, podium is still possible. And now we will finally have someone (him and Landa) who will actually try to do something to gain time back. Other than that, Wout is amazing, working all day to get Roglič into position and then has enough energy to win the sprint.

TRENDING THREADS