• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
t79wfHxKfkA8MEZCBmjTMF-650-80.jpg

Is the shadow on left or right?

Good for Alaphilippe having a rouleur to control the bunch, bad luck for Bennett losing a part of his leadout train.
I don't quite see why this change would benefit one rider within Deceuninck but be bad for another- I don't believe Cavagna's role is going to be vastly different to the one Stybar was going to have or that one rider is vastly more/less skilled at controlling the bunch or leading out than the other between them two.

I don't quite see why this change would benefit one rider within Deceuninck but be bad for another- I don't believe Cavagna's role is going to be vastly different to the one Stybar was going to have or that one rider is vastly more/less skilled at controlling the bunch or leading out than the other between them two.
Obviously it isn't going to drastically alter DQS's plans for the race, but just on the qualities of the 2 riders. Stybar has been one of the key leadout men for Bennett this year, and I'm not sure Cavagna can take up that role. Whereas we know Cavagna can sit on the front of the peloton and keep the tempo high, which will be good for Alaphilippe if he has a GC position to defend, or if he wants to keep a break under control on a hilly stage and attack from the bunch late on.

Reactions: Blanco
So only teams with no official selections are FDJ and Movistar. Why the wait? especially for Movistar!
We got it for FdJ: Pinot, Gaudu, Molard, Madouas, King-Kung, and now Ladagnous, Bonnet, and Reichenbach. Why the wait for Ladagnous, diesel on the flat, solid, and Bonnet, the same and a long time PInot bodyguard? No reason, really. Reichenbach? So far in '20, is he the '17-'18 Giro Reichenbach or the Morabito from the same years, fading? There were obvious question marks. Still are. At last year's Tour, except for the relay on Prat d'Albis, Seb didn't do much. And at the '20 CdD, he was Froomesque.

I'm a little surprised by the inclusion of Soler as well. I'm going with Valv.Piti that training for the Giro is about the only thing that makes sense. It appears they didn't have any of the young riders on their long or short list and those are the ones that appear to be in better form. Yes he was awful at the Dauphine. I do think an in form Soler is one of the top climbers in the peloton, however he's also extremely inconsistent. Which, for me, makes him a better candidate to go after the KOM jersey than an overall victory, or be a Super Dom for someone with better consistency who can go after an overall win.

I’m surprised they left out Pedrero who was riding well at the Dauphine

Reactions: Koronin
We got it for FdJ: Pinot, Gaudu, Molard, Madouas, King-Kung, and now Ladagnous, Bonnet, and Reichenbach. Why the wait for Ladagnous, diesel on the flat, solid, and Bonnet, the same and a long time PInot bodyguard? No reason, really. Reichenbach? So far in '20, is he the '17-'18 Giro Reichenbach or the Morabito from the same years, fading? There were obvious question marks. Still are. At last year's Tour, except for the relay on Prat d'Albis, Seb didn't do much. And at the '20 CdD, he was Froomesque.
I could have sworn Bonnet had retired at the end of last season, or maybe even immediately after the Tour last year. I'm sure I remember it being said that his last racing action was persuading Pinot to get into the car on that tearful stage.

Reactions: ppanther92
Reichenbach is fine for most of the race but when the attacks start to happen Tibo needs to stop making the mistake of relying on him

I'm a little surprised by the inclusion of Soler as well. I'm going with Valv.Piti that training for the Giro is about the only thing that makes sense. It appears they didn't have any of the young riders on their long or short list and those are the ones that appear to be in better form. Yes he was awful at the Dauphine. I do think an in form Soler is one of the top climbers in the peloton, however he's also extremely inconsistent. Which, for me, makes him a better candidate to go after the KOM jersey than an overall victory, or be a Super Dom for someone with better consistency who can go after an overall win.

Think he needs to change teams if he want to do that.:D

• Wow
Reactions: Leinster
Reichenbach? So far in '20, is he the '17-'18 Giro Reichenbach or the Morabito from the same years, fading? There were obvious question marks. Still are. At last year's Tour, except for the relay on Prat d'Albis, Seb didn't do much. And at the '20 CdD, he was Froomesque.
I think Reichenbach have been pretty strong after the restart. Decent 10th in Occutanie and 13th at Dauphine. At Col de Porte it was only Kuss of the doms that survived longer.

But as someone else said, when the top dogs starts attacking Pinot shouldn’t wait Reichenbach to let him close the gaps.

Somehow i feel that we will get to see Primož Roglič the climber. TT on this Tour edition surely can't play much of a role. Focusing on TT hence likely is/was less likely.

This seems to indicate, as expected, not much fireworks to be seen on stage 2.

P.S. Nonetheless, JV likely will try to control (dominate) key stages.

Somehow i feel that we will get to see Primož Roglič the climber. TT on this Tour edition surely can't play much of a role. Focusing on TT hence likely is/was less likely.

This seems to indicate, as expected, not much fireworks to be seen on stage 2.

P.S. Nonetheless, JV likely will try to control (dominate) key stages.
Stage 2 should be used to test those who didn't finish the Dauphiné claiming different kinds of ailments. But this is the Tour. I expect we'll be unable to tell the cowards from the impaired ones.

TRENDING THREADS