• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That as well. I'd have taken Pedrero over either Soler or Verona. Pedrero was visible at the Dauphine and looks to be on at least decent form.
Verona has transformed into more of a helper in the mid mtns and pulling on the flats than the climber he was thought to be when he was younger. He is quite tall and looks to have put on some muscle.

I don’t know why they brought Soler as he is supposed to lead at the Giro and his form has been awful. He’s strong enough to be of use but doing what? I am beginning to wonder if after the lockdown they are writing off the TDF and aiming to use it to get get their Mas and Soler in shape and really focus on riding for the win at La Vuelta and a high placing with Soler at the Giro (which will be more challenging since his support there won’t be as strong as as the Vuelta squad where Mas and Valverde have proven their GC bonafides.

Roglic still carrying a bandage.

EgbcQr_XYAAbiK7

Some more pics

EgbH8feWoAA5v-v

EgbcQsFWsAEWU1V

EgaYfvAXgAEnK8n

EgbPlyuXgAM7Hgf
:DDon't worry, Domoulin already said that he was acting!

The Danish government just upgraded France from yellow to orange on the Corona scale, meaning travelling there is discouraged.

The reason is France has now surpassed the Danish benchmark for "Corona safe" destinations, and the infection rate is even on an upward trajectory.

I wonder if we will see the Tour to completion in Paris, in a little over 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed the Corona protocols are adhered to strictly.

Whether it is a good thing or not, I feel like the sports cancellations will mostly stop from now on. I doubt any country will go back into lock down any time soon, even if they should. The economies were hit so hard the first time basically nobody can afford to go through the whole thing again. Look at the US where the infection numbers are way higher now than they were throughout the lock down and even then they didn't go back.

Now of course there is a difference between sports cancellation and a lock down but I don't think governments are gonna forbid events where the participants can largely stay in a bubble while leaving bars and stores open. They might forbid fans (although that's of course trickier to handle in cycling than in other sports) but I think the events will keep going.

Verona has transformed into more of a helper in the mid mtns and pulling on the flats than the climber he was thought to be when he was younger. He is quite tall and looks to have put on some muscle.

I don’t know why they brought Soler as he is supposed to lead at the Giro and his form has been awful. He’s strong enough to be of use but doing what? I am beginning to wonder if after the lockdown they are writing off the TDF and aiming to use it to get get their Mas and Soler in shape and really focus on riding for the win at La Vuelta and a high placing with Soler at the Giro (which will be more challenging since his support there won’t be as strong as as the Vuelta squad where Mas and Valverde have proven their GC bonafides.

That very well could be possible. They already knew this year was going to be difficult anyway, then add Covid and a full lock down and you get a team that basically just needs to get riders experience and they may be willing to just use the Tour to get ready for hopefully the rest of the races on the calendar.

Reactions: perico
I really hope is not cancelled. But there are more important things in life.

Having said that I doubt that the race will be cancelled. It looks like governments around the world are willing to bite the bullet at this point. Many don't want to go back to luck downs at this point. And I think people will have problems with it now.

I don't think the race posses any risk unless people and media behave stupidly.

Reactions: Simurgh