• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021 - Enthusiastic laymen's thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which team has the winner of the Tour de France 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In other news, apparently Jumbo Visma will have a blue front tyre in several stages of this Tour: Team Jumbo Visma | Team Jumbo-Visma makes blue tire part of Tour de…

SwapfietsxTJV-BlueTire-062021-01.jpg

First time a team has used a colored tyre.

Smart move. Will help Van Aert sway the jury during his patented photofinishes

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I think we need that Kate Wagner to conduct every English interview with him, if we want to get anything remotely useful out of him.
Not that Pogacar did much better though.

I wrote that as a compliment actually, i.e. his "man of few words" persona has become a defining trait & it's part of his mystique. But you're right, Kate Wagner's article was awesome.

Oh, I see the fans trolled TJV. It may look good from close distance, but it just looks grey on long shots and that's what we'll see most of the time.

The jersey actually has the name of fans who purchased it from the store a few months ago printed on it. I guess that's why it looks a bit greyish, i.e. the small white text featuring the thousands of fan names against the black background.

There is, of course, no better way for the enthusiastic layman to participate than to have a go at the CQ Tour de France game, and try to secure a win for your forum over VeloRooms at the same time.

All you need to know is here:

Reactions: Sandisfan
I wonder why teams don`t go more the route of creative coloring their bikes. Surely the team and the sponsors get great publicity if they e.g. go with completely bright blue/pink/orange wheels because you can pick them out from every overhead or far distanced shot.
Sam Bennett had a green chain last year (but that did not particularly stand out in helicopter footage.)

TRENDING THREADS