• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 12: Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux – Nîmes, 159.4 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thank god this wasn't a real bunch sprint... there would have been crashes for sure.
Was my thought too; Quickstep just didn't fancy taking a train through that tunnel at 70 kmh. There was a very small margin for error there!

Great ride by Pollitt, I thought he was the strongest in the break today and so often you see the strongest guy lose out to tactics. With Sagan out, the stage win plus a top 10 for Wilco makes this a "ok, we'll settle for that" Tour for Bora.

I loved that really slow deep song the soccer fans were singing. I think it just translates to go red and white or something similar but it is like a church song or the Paris Roubaix song but at soccer which is weird and really unnerving

The slow song (words are): "we are red, we are white, we stand together, side by side" - is actually a verse from a football song, that was made for the 86 World Cup in Mexico.

Reactions: Breezy1985
Well actually, the official national anthem is about a king - we just don't use it at sporting events ;)

Naah, we just have two, because we're cool like that. :cool:

---

Fun fact: The Title of the Royal Anthem; "Kong Christian stod ved højen mast" means "King Christian Stood by the High Mast". However, if you pronounce it slightly differently, it means that he stood by the hill, squashed. And that's Danish to you!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS