• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 16: Pas de la Case – Saint-Gaudens, 169.0 km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wait, wait, wait, where is this thread going?

First of all: Huge success in my household, my son now likes to play football! Don't know how long that will last, though.
Second: He still doesn't like to ride his bike unless he can talk all the time and then he sometimes even forgets to pedal. So I don't think his cyclist's career is on a good path, no matter how many potential rivals I kidnap or how much blood I inject.
Third: I am not a vampire, I didn't breed any vampires, and the only thing I'd do for Cofidis would be to take out Guillaume sometimes to talk about books with him!
Fourth: Carapaz is a rider I would like to kidnap, but I have been spending most of the afternoon here, in Germany, watching a bike race in order to avoid working. So I was really too busy to kidnap anyone. :mad:

Second: He still doesn't like to ride his bike unless he can talk all the time and then he sometimes even forgets to pedal. So I don't think his cyclist's career is on a good path, no matter how many potential rivals I kidnap or how much blood I inject.

Well yeah after you take everyone’s blood all he needs is 3 pedal strokes and he finishes the race. Heck with such high hemoglobin he can be talking the whole time.

A Schleck perhaps?
tour_custom-2a769e0047a8b37b6e3099454fdb2c2bf0b6c1ec-s800-c85.jpg

We are clearly in an Age of Youth, but are we also in an Era of No Team Tactics?

I may have lost the plot a bit by skimming through the replay a bit at the start, but I noted a considerable split in the main bunch that had 3 or more UAE doms separated from Pogi. So why didn't the GT 'contender' teams drop the hammer and leave them stranded, or at least force a furious chase? Instead, the leaders' group eased as soon as the break of the day formed and, presto, Gruppo Compatto.

Colour me confused.

He is. Well, he's a child, basically. I love his childlike enthusiasm for racing and small things, his interest in everything despite being anything but an intellectual, and also how positive he is towards the riders, no matter where they come from or on which team they are. One can just not expect serious assessments or hard facts from him.
Shut up mouth, comes to mind.

We are clearly in an Age of Youth, but are we also in an Era of No Team Tactics?

I may have lost the plot a bit by skimming through the replay a bit at the start, but I noted a considerable split in the main bunch that had 3 or more UAE doms separated from Pogi. So why didn't the GT 'contender' teams drop the hammer and leave them stranded, or at least force a furious chase? Instead, the leaders' group eased as soon as the break of the day formed and, presto, Gruppo Compatto.

Colour me confused.

Can bike exchange explain why Jensen wasn't pacing for Matthews, as Wright was for Colbrelli? OK, it's easy to say post-hoc that it was wrong.

For me, it starting out more or less as expected with Flowers and Cattaneo attacking, as well as Matthews and Colbrelli going for the intermediate sprint.

After that it went off script. I think that the guys in positions 2nd-10th have given up going for yellow and are keeping their powder dry, since it is easier to gain time in the next two days (and even easier to lose time by tiring out your team today).

I can understand why there was a ceasefire in battle for the polka dots. I think that Woods, Poels and Quintana would not react to van Aert, since he could not have got a big lead and they would be confident to overtake him in the next two stages. Any of the first three would have reacted to an attack from the others. But I think each of the three would prefer to have a day off with a better chance of killing two birds with one stone tomorrow (stage win+polka dots).

TRENDING THREADS