• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 21: Chatou – Paris Champs-Élysées, 108.4 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eddy is the greatest cyclist of all time.

But Cavendish is one of the best sprinters of all time. Maybe even the best. A long career with many up and downs. The story is almost like a Hollywood script, at this point. If he gets the record in his own right, then he surely is more than just a "one-trick pony". If anything it is even more impressive what Cavendish has achieved, because he can only win in one way. Eddy could win in every way.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
And he has never claimed to be. Far from it.

What's your beef?

My beef is all the hoopla all over the TV, the internet (not just here) and in person about Cav beating Eddy's record. My brother who is 8 years younger and I discussed it last week. We both saw Eddy ride live during his hey day. We were Aghast at the fuss being made over Cav.

But I'm done with the subject here! So let it be, I'm too old to continue this discussion, I'll give myself a heart attack!

My beef is all the hoopla all over the TV the internet (not just here) and in person about Cav beating Eddy's record. My brother who is 8 years younger and I discussed it last week. We both saw Eddy ride live during his hey day. We were Aghast at the fuss being made over Cav.

But I'm done with the subject here! So let it be, I'm too old to continue this discussion, I'll give myself a heart attack!

If Cavendish wins today he will beat Merckx' record. That's just a fact!
However, you have a point; it doesn't make sense to compare Cavendish - and modern cycling in general - with a guy like Merckx.

My beef is all the hoopla all over the TV, the internet (not just here) and in person about Cav beating Eddy's record. My brother who is 8 years younger and I discussed it last week. We both saw Eddy ride live during his hey day. We were Aghast at the fuss being made over Cav.

I've never understood why people take this shiz so personally

TRENDING THREADS