• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Second rest day thread

Who will finish with yellow in Paris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obvious podium: Pog-Vin-G. However surprises are still possible. Vingegaard can be a threat in the Alps. I wonder if UAE isn't too generous in its efforts. Gaudu might make the top 5.

Stage 11 to Granon is underhyped and will be crucial. Stage 12 to Huez is overhyped. Hopefully no top riders will test C-positive or crash out, but I have a bad presentiment.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Obvious podium: Pog-Vin-G. However surprises are still possible. Vingegaard can be a threat in the Alps. I wonder if UAE isn't too generous in its efforts. Gaudu might make the top 5.

Stage 11 to Granon is underhyped and will be crucial. Stage 12 to Huez is overhyped. Hopefully no top riders will test C-positive or crash out, but I have a bad presentiment.
Yeah, I have a feeling one of Pogacar or Vingegaard will Covid out, and we will miss out on what could be an epic battle.

Latest:

"According to our information, everyone tested negative for the following teams: Lotto-Soudal, Intermarché Wanty-Gobert, Quick.Step Alpha-Vinyl, Alpecin-Deceuninck, Trek-Segafredo, AG2R, Team UAE and Jumbo Visma."

Latest:

"According to our information, everyone tested negative for the following teams: Lotto-Soudal, Intermarché Wanty-Gobert, Quick.Step Alpha-Vinyl, Alpecin-Deceuninck, Trek-Segafredo, AG2R, Team UAE and Jumbo Visma."

Does that mean some of the other teams that positive results? Or that they haven't gotten their results yet?

Pogacar is a Monster and he demostrate starting le Tour with a better ITT than Roglic than he was the big favouritefor this race.
But Vingegard did as well an strong ITT, and he is especially a climber. He looks clearly stronger than last year and with a better team.
Pogacar is no so good in longer climbs, but he has an extraordinary recovery, so last week will be difficult to defeat...
Vingegard must take one minute to him at the alps, Granon plus Alp D Huez to win this Tour, becouse Pogacar can put time on other kind of stages..and in Hautacam his recovery will help him..anyway is a hard climb and Vingegard is good as well at recovery, and they can use the team...we will see, interesting.

Last edited:
Riders within two minutes of Pogacar after 9 stages this year:

Riders within two minutes of Pogacar after 9 stages last year:

None!

Let's just have 21 flat Danish stages next year then.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Riders within two minutes of Pogacar after 9 stages this year:

Riders within two minutes of Pogacar after 9 stages last year:

None!

not necessarily a good thing when 35 seconds can jump you from 10th almost onto the podium. Means a lot of teams will start doing Pog’s work for him and his team.

having said that the tour has been pretty good so far due to WvA, Pog and then Vingo’s resistance.

hoping Bardet, Gaudu and Powless can break through for something special. And a Pinot stage win plus polka dots would be nice.

I will feel better if Pog demolishes everyone than if Vinegaard delivers on his promise. But I would feel best if the real Roglic of pre stage 20 2020 TdF reappears and turns this TdF into a fairy tail. Also interested to see how Pog goes at high altitude when he showed weakness on Col de la Loze in 2020.

1. Pog (head)
  2. Roglic (heart)
  3. Thomas

But I also hope we see Pinot fireworks.

The wildcard is damned Covid. :mad:

I think Roglic will win this Tour. He only lost time in Arenberg, because he had to put back in his dislocated shoulder.

He should be the strongest climber in this race. Probably, his mountain shape is even a little bit better than in last year‘s Vuelta.

From tomorrow on, Primoz will be in his favourite Alpine mountains. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will suit him very much. Plus, he has Jonas as a domestique. These two were unbeatable in the Dauphine, few weeks ago.

I think Roglic will win this Tour. He only lost time in Arenberg, because he had to put back in his dislocated shoulder.

He should be the strongest climber in this race. Probably, his mountain shape is even a little bit better than in last year‘s Vuelta.

From tomorrow on, Primoz will be in his favourite Alpine mountains. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will suit him very much. Plus, he has Jonas as a domestique. These two were unbeatable in the Dauphine, few weeks ago.
Jonas was unbeatable at the Dauphine. Roglic needs to improve a lot. I hope he does but so far this TdF we haven’t seen this even if there has been only one inconclusive mountain stage. Not saying it won’t happen but I think your optimism might be misplaced even allowing for his shoulder problem? We will see.

TRENDING THREADS