• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 13 (Le Bourg d’Oisans – Saint-Étienne, 193.6k)

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They didn't even get close.

You can't control the peleton or race incidents - They had Schultz in the secondary breakaway which got chased down by Alpecin, then when Ewan crashed that stopped the chase and then the GC riders blocked the final climb - That's racing - I don't understand why people are disappointed in Bex - They've had an excellent TDF with one stage win and three seconds, and there is the possibility of another stage win - I'll leave you with this scenario - They ride hard on the front of the peleton and on the climbs - Then you have Matthews VS Van Aert or you ride more sedately and you may have Groenewegen VS Ewan and Philipsen - Which scenario do you prefer ?

You can't control the peleton or race incidents - They had Schultz in the secondary breakaway which got chased down by Alpecin, then when Ewan crashed that stopped the chase and then the GC riders blocked the final climb - That's racing - I don't understand why people are disappointed in Bex - They've had an excellent TDF with one stage win and three seconds, and there is the possibility of another stage win - I'll leave you with this scenario - They ride hard on the front of the peleton and on the climbs - Then you have Matthews VS Van Aert or you ride more sedately and you may have Groenewegen VS Ewan and Philipsen - Which scenario do you prefer ?
The second. They just waste energy in chases like that. The only good thing about it is that it keeps the pace high and lessens chances of crashes although one of the chasers almost lost it on a curve.

Van Aert now has more green jersey points than second and third place combined, not sure I've ever seen that before.
Later in the race and more than 2nd, 3rd and 4th combined.

Later in the race and more than 2nd, 3rd and 4th combined.

Thanks. I guess my memory is bad, I knew we were at the point of the green jersey being predetermined as long as Sagan didn't get thrown out again by then but I didn't remember him winning by margins quite that big.

You're right actually. I think they knew their best option was Schultz in the break, given Bling is ill and Groenewegen's climbing ability on these parcours.

Someone mentioned it earlier about Bex being annoyed at Alpecin chasing that secondary break, so they didn't join the chase with them once that was caught.

I suppose Matt White can't say that, so he makes up a story around the Ewan crash instead, which really is a complete nonsense, although rather convenient as a narrative.

Reactions: yaco

TRENDING THREADS