• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 16 (Carcassonne – Foix, 178.5k)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Do we think G will attack when ineos have their full team and Pog and JV are on their own, as seems likely if this carries on?

I don’t see how G drops Ving or Pogi. He’s been pure diesel TT’ing up the mountains all Tour, and doing it magnificently… but when Ving and Pogi have massive turbo’s i can’t see him getting a gap. Maybe G has been saving an extra gear or is gaining one relative to the competition in the last week attrition wars… But given how the climbing has been so far I can’t see it

Reactions: Sandisfan
Soler, for some reason, is always useless for his leader. Can't like this dude.

The guy is clearly sick, maybe relax a bit...

Also, is that one incident in Andorra in 2019 the only thing that has given way for this reputation? The fact that people keep mentioning it doesn't mean that he never works for his leader. But I guess that's the meme generation...

Last edited:
But will the other teams co-operate after the yellow jersey sent 2 men ahead into the break. At this rate Van Hooydonck will have to drop back shortly if the other teams don't get involved.

I suppose other teams will have to decide if they're racing Vingegaard and Pogacar or are they racing amongst themselves for 3rd. Leaving Vlasov steal time here will make that 3rd spot harder if they don't help out.

TRENDING THREADS