• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2023, stage 16: Passy - Combloux, 22.4k (ITT)

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What's the thing with writing Pigacar? Is it a 11 year old pun that you enjoy?

Pogacar has already attacked from that distance and won.

The rest is the usual innuendo ad nausem: "you guys are just butt-hurt because Vingo won and Pogacar lost". It's all so boring, so predictable, so limited.
Dang, your heavy..again you're jumping to conclusions from that intense butthurt and seeing conspiracies left & right..and now from a text where Pogacar is written 6 times correct - you then pick out 1 time where an "i" just beside "o" on the keyboard, is mistakenly hitten and then try to spin that into something evil.

Move on, I'm done with you... this is too primitive when you start to focus on one grammatical letter, in lack of context, then things gets old very fast.

Reactions: RedheadDane
Dang, your heavy..again you're jumping to conclusions from that intense butthurt and seeing conspiracies left & right..and now from a text where Pogacar is written 6 times correct - you then pick out 1 time where an "i" just beside "o" on the keyboard, is mistakenly hitten and then try to spin that into something evil.

Move on, I'm done with you... this is too primitive when you start to focus on one grammatical letter, in lack of context, then things gets old very fast.
Yawn.

It's your choice to flee and to not consider any point against yesterday's anomaly because "butt-hurt". Just check the internet - a teenager's sharpness shoudl suffice - and you will smell "something is rotten in the land of Denmark".

Bye.

Yawn.

It's your choice to flee and to not consider any point against yesterday's anomaly because "butt-hurt". Just check the internet - a teenager's sharpness shoudl suffice - and you will smell "something is rotten in the land of Denmark".

Bye.
Sure it's so "rotten in Denmark" https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2022 - go ahead and check year after year, for a norm..
and then what?, it's here I should follow this childish behavior, and flip it back to whatever country you're from with some weird nationalistic agenda that has nothing to do with cycling.
Nah no way, that's not gonna happen.
Let's move on & watch a great Tour de France with two superb riders & teams, clashing it out.

Sure it's so "rotten in Denmark" https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2022 - go ahead and check year after year, for a norm..
and then what?, it's here I should follow this childish behavior, and flit it to whatever country you're from.. Nah no way, that's not gonna happen.
Let's move on & watch a great Tour de France with two superb riders & teams, clashing it out.

To be fair I think that's a Shakespeare quote. Hence the quotation marks.

To be fair I think that's a Shakespeare quote. Hence the quotation marks.
Its org a line from the famous play Hamlet in Denmark, by William Shakespeare.
And was stated after an officer of the palace guard says this after the "ghost" of the dead king appears, walking over the palace.

but often its also used as a smearing tactic, as you can see on "dictionary'com", and indicate corruption.
Phrase: “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark” is used to describe corruption"- and that's kind of hilarious in the world's least corrupt society.

*Something is rotten in the state of Denmark' has become an English idiom, serving as a general description of corruption

// back on topic.

Reactions: xo 1
A day to savor coming up. Even before we know the outcome, just on setup alone this is one of the most consequential stages in Tour history. Two giants, tethered together and beating each other senseless, now off the leashes mano-a-mano. Heady stuff for cycling aficionados! I'm just hoping for a fair fight free of polemics; I know, a crazy thing to hope for.
<cough> I think this post defines the phrase "This didn't age well..". Wow.

On another note, does anyone actually know how the times of the climb to Combloux compare to those in the 2016 TT. Unfortunately we didn't have split times at precisely the same points but maybe someone stopped it themselves?
This is the only longer video I've found of that stage. While the start of the Domancy climb isn't shown, here's the official timing of that segment. I think the Combloux time check is quite close to this year's finish line. Keep in mind that this year's course favoured a harder pace on this segment compared to 2016 where especially Froome held back for the second half of the climb.

Domancy + Combloux:

14'16'' Dumoulin
14'17'' Porte
14'26'' Froome
14'36'' Aru

Froome was fastest from the top of Domancy to the Combloux time check: 07'04''.

Reactions: SHAD0W93