• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2023, stage 21: Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines - Paris, 115.1k

The alcohol flows, the speed slowly rises, and then the curtain falls.

c8f63

Map
dc0e4

The route
The start is from the national velodrome, then it's the usual lazy ride through the southwestern suburbs of Paris over the Côte du Pavé des Gardes.
tour-de-france-2023-stage-21-climb-ee6365af23.png

Once in Paris, we have the intermediate sprint on the third lap at the highest point of the Champs-Élysées.
avenue-des-champs-elysees.png

And then, it's time to gear up for one final Philipsen victory.

Final kilometres
1fTE4mX.png

img%5D

Apparently, Philipsen has hinted that he may do the lead-out for Van der Poel tomorrow.
he talked about it in the Wielerflits post race show (on from minute ~13). Something like "who knows", when asked if he'll do the leadout for MvdP. But maybe someone who actually speaks Dutch can translate what he said exactly

Edit: Here's the full interview as well

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUYHB-Gj-Y

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
I think the big question on everyone’s minds is if Jumbo will be using Martinelli's or poisoning their body with alcohol.

To keep the crazy going, Cav to cash in his Money in the Bank contract to fight for the sprint.

Realistically if Philipsen isn’t sprinting for the win I can see Groenewegen, Kristoff, or Pedersen winning.

Reactions: ChewbaccaDefense
Pogacar made a magical turnaround after stage 5, maybe we will see it again for tomorrow? I think he will try to copy Cancellara/Vino but the difference is he will be able to full sprint for the duration of 3kms