• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2023, stage 21: Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines - Paris, 115.1k

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think Alaphilippe did a really aggressive Tour and he‘s French, so I‘m actually surprised that Campenaerts won it, but I guess attacking from Stage 18 to 20 gives you the recency bias.
Campenaerts' aggressive riding dictated how the stages worked out. Alaphilippe just went up the road countless days with little effect.

Would have bet my left kidney on Pinot winning this one, it being his last year and him not having gotten much else out of his four breakaways. Can't argue with Campenaerts taking it though.
For Pinot to take a stage win, podium(mountains/aggressive), Madiot should have allowed him a free role but he was drafted to save Gaudu who finished 2 spots above him