• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2024 - team line-ups

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is there really a need for a personal attack?

I was merely expressing my wish of having one of the best sprinters in the world riding the Tour, you are free to disagree, of course.
But it's very incomprehensible to write again and again that Merlier should participate. While this is unacceptable from a medical and human point of view. Not to mention productivity. The fact that he would have to abandon, very tired, and of course without a stage win. Compromising the rest of his season and quickly left the team with one rider less.
I have the same wish seeing one of the best sprinters (probably the best) riding the Tour. But a different decision was made at the start of the season. I think it was a good decision, choosing a programm well suited for Merlier. Successfully. Now he can also participate in the Vuelta and win a few more stages there.

I also drink lots of beer, often tequila and occasionally bourbon whiskey, I also think by stage 7 it will just be details. I think too much beer is a very subjective measurement!!
Marc Madiot is still drinking to much beer.
It's not because he's a frenchman that he must be taunted again and again (hello redaction and armchair ? Where is the reaction?).

Madiot is not always right. But as a good ex-pro and teamleader he has way more experience and background information than most of us. It is quite logical to think that Pogacar will hurt the competition in the first days of the Tour (maybe stage 1, certainly the Galibier stage). But l'm not sure he will totally destroy the opponents.

Reactions: xo 1
The team let Kuss compete having Covid. This time it went wrong, in contrast to the Giro 23 where he (and Roglic) continued despite Covid. Then, he and Roglic recovered quickly. But it's always a bad idea to allow sick riders to ride, especially with Covid. Hopefully Kuss doesn't suffer the consequences for the rest of the season. There are already plenty of riders who have not reached their level for a long time due to long Covid.
I normally agree with majority of your posts and agree or disagree, always civil, thanks all around. In this and later posts I disagree completely. I find your opinion on Kuss rose colored and simply not consistent with history , albeit only a couple of years worth.
Kuss was sub par at the beginning of the month at Dauphine. He was getting punched in the gut daily, couldn't keep a wheel, he didn't start final stage. The question of ethics and honesty is paramount. Was Kuss suffering from reported flu like symptoms then, he came to the race sick. Or did Kuss and his team know he had Covid then and tried to train through it? Super significant on multiple levels. Your assumption that Kuss will ultimately recover is optimistic. There can't be a big data set for ultra endurance athletes training and racing with Covid. And there should not be lots of data.
Stupid experiment and that looks like what Visma did.
I am not letting Sepp Kuss, grown, intelligent man off the hook. It looks like together in a cluster f-ck conspiracy, Kuss and Visma decided to use Covid ultimately instead of saying flu like they have for 5+ weeks.
We can only hope that the same quack doctors advising Kuss were not part of medical advice for Jonas and Wout.
A thing like Covid, legendary long Covid is a no go zone for experimenting for a bike race result, even if that's the TDF.
Absolutely BS called for the late announcement.. And if Visma and Kuss say that his 5 week, unshakeable flu morphed into Covid yesterday, I will accept it, along with the wink..see him in Spain

Marc Madiot predicting Pogi will kill Vingo early. Mind games vs Plugge?
i think that for FDJ, the problem is that their GC guy gaudu wasn't looking like someone who can pull a top 10 spot, so they brought martinez, to save their tour. they are doing what the small teams are doing, but without the excuses.

Team bus already in new colors

GQ_X95SWMAAjamz

But it's very incomprehensible to write again and again that Merlier should participate. While this is unacceptable from a medical and human point of view. Not to mention productivity. The fact that he would have to abandon, very tired, and of course without a stage win. Compromising the rest of his season and quickly left the team with one rider less.
I have the same wish seeing one of the best sprinters (probably the best) riding the Tour. But a different decision was made at the start of the season. I think it was a good decision, choosing a programm well suited for Merlier. Successfully. Now he can also participate in the Vuelta and win a few more stages there.

It's still disappointing that Merlier has only ever sprinted once in the TDF for a win in his career. He made a bad career move moving to QS. No GT in 2023 because Remco changed his program and he was never riding the TDF in 2024. The Vuelta is not sprinter friendly in 2024.

The presentation presenter are terrible ...why not have the Shark there

He could have brough his trophy cabinet ..at least he would know what he was talking about
Don't know about the Italian, but the lady doing the English

"Kazachastana"
"Cofilidis"
"Prouperty"
"Intermark"

Bruh, you couldn't find an English speaker who knows a little about cycling?