• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France is over

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Valverde hit and miss? He was actually 2nd on gc till a mechanical cost him 10 minutes. Of course he wasnt going to go full out today to defend 22nd place or wherever the **** he is

Also, i see Mollem Ten Dam and kreuziger very very good. And Contador is a minute or so below his ridiculous 2009 best. Froome is way above that so to say that they are all just underperforming is wrong.

Hope to see a strong AV in the Vuelta!

The Hitch said:
Valverde hit and miss? He was actually 2nd on gc till a mechanical cost him 10 minutes. Of course he wasnt going to go full out today to defend 22nd place or wherever the **** he is

Also, i see Mollem Ten Dam and kreuziger very very good. And Contador is a minute or so below his ridiculous 2009 best. Froome is way above that so to say that they are all just underperforming is wrong.

Ok perhaps not all of his rivals however as you can see from the paragraph I wrote Froome has been short of a challenge here. Valverde was unlucky with his mechanical however I'm not convinced he would have stayed 2nd anyway, just my opinion. It's understandable he now soft pedals as he will be going for the Vuelta again, it's still another rival who will now be racing below his best.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Don't say I didn't tell you folks.......

Meh, we all already knew it was over before it even started. But it's funner to be hopeful of seeing the others give Froome a fight then it is to be cynical and assume Froome will ride away easily on every decisive stage (although he probably will :eek:).

Having said that, Quintana and Contador to demolish Froome on the Alpe. :D

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
c'mon. be truthful to yourself. we will watch till the very last stage, hoping that one nice performance will pop up here or there.

i just hope AC goes and talks to Quintana though. MOV suck as far as team tactics go.