• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 4: Lorient - Mur de Bretagne - 172.5 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am a little nervous about today, it is very possible that today could end quite a few gc riders races or at least put them behind the 8-ball. Same with tommorow, expect some massive crosswinds.

Gilbert thrives in the rain uphill - remember how he left Scarponi for dust last year in the Giro di Lombardia

4aa07123eb034be77b7ff3cbcef78de6.jpg

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:
The big teams have got to learn not to contribute to the chase and let OPL do all the work. There's a risk that the break will succeed, but if OPL arrive fresh, close to the finish, we'll see a repeat of Saturday.

Contribute nothing, let OPL do all the work and then attack the **** out of them. If Gilbert's team mates are all used up, he'll be forced to chase each one himself.

That's the only way Gilbert's not going to win today.

Absolutely, I agree. But you've also got GC riders looking to put a bit of time into their rivals, so they'll want the pace high even though they might not be looking for the stage win. You've also got a good chance of yellow for any number of riders.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
FW 2008 doesn't agree with you.

Thomas Dekker is a horrible bike handler (he even says so in his book), and he finished FW 2008 as 5th.
080423ispa-0540.jpg

Wish Kim was still riding being giving Gilbert a run and a luxenberger I like to watch

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I am a little nervous about today, it is very possible that today could end quite a few gc riders races or at least put them behind the 8-ball. Same with tommorow, expect some massive crosswinds.
I'd say Evans is more likely to be on the right side of a split though. He's attentive and has a classicsy team.

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wind and a lot of rain! Should be one hell of a race! YAY!

I'll personally give you all an ice cream if Frank Schleck stays on his bike.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
i want a surprise so why not evans for the win and yellow. if there are crosswinds or a break in the peloton im sure evans will be at the front and BMC will pounce upon the oppurtunity.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Who knows?? Maybe the poor conditions will present an opportunity foe Evans to gain someserious time on his main rivals. Could just as easily go the other way as well.

TRENDING THREADS