• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 5: Carhaix - Cap Fréhel 164.5 km

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
The Sky train seems to have lost any discipline they once had. Thomas once again attacking in the last 500 m after their two sprinters fell behind.

They haven't brought a train to the Tour.

You really think EBH fell behind today?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I cleaned up big again in the Fantasy league. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 10th plus every jersey wearer. Hell yeah!

Today was chaotic. Brajkovic and Boonen copped it bad. Anyone know who the Euskatel rider who went down was?

Oh and Mike Tomalaris just called Cav a fruit bag. Today Sherwen and Liggett were bearable. Also, I don't get why Garmin accelerated when all the crashes happened. Seemed to be too much bad sport IMO.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
YoRUsh said:
Was there someone else besides Brajkovic that abandonned today? Because Engels finished last as 195..

Although it's not a cyclist, the motorrider that hit Sörensen has been thrown out of the Tour. Kern abandonned.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cav on ITV again, asking him about the intermediate sprint. He nearly swore on live TV there. Being very careful about what he says, just mentions that he had the door shut on him, and that all he wants is consistency.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
I cleaned up big again in the Fantasy league. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 10th plus every jersey wearer. Hell yeah!

Today was chaotic. Brajkovic and Boonen copped it bad. Anyone know who the Euskatel rider who went down was?

Oh and Mike Tomalaris just called Cav a fruit bag. Today Sherwen and Liggett were bearable. Also, I don't get why Garmin accelerated when all the crashes happened. Seemed to be too much bad sport IMO.

The carrot was Ivan Velasco, he finished 3rd from last, around 25 seconds ahead of Boonen and Engels.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Also, I don't get why Garmin accelerated when all the crashes happened. Seemed to be too much bad sport IMO.
I think they were trying to split the pack in the crosswind on that section because it was exposed. The crashes were co-incidental.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
To be fair to him the interviewers pounce on him straight after probably hoping he's going to say something controversial, he was very restrained in that second interview just now.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
no. DId you see his post race interview? The bull**** was flying out of his mouth.
Hi Mr Pot - meet Mr Kettle...

He at least has the excuse of a coupla jugs of adrenalin racing through his racked, breathless frame, frazzling his brain and mouth...

...yours?

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
no. DId you see his post race interview? The bull**** was flying out of his mouth.

He has a point. Its not far off the mark.

There is loads less true bunch sprint stages this year than over the past twenty years. And it just coincides with the most dominant bunch sprinter in that same time period? His win percentage is phenomenal, and now the sprints are gone....

TRENDING THREADS