• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 5: Epernay - Montargis, 185 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Nice of Garmin to become the honorary sprint train for Renshaw and Cav.

To be fair, Dean and Renshaw hit the front at around the same time. Renshaw just out dragged Dean....

Again, Renshaw was unreal today.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Renshaw is such a rider, Ciolek another rider i've banging on about, miles better than Grieple

Cav got it done but that was down to Renshaw. Clever riding by HTC instead of brute force like last year.

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
Ale Jet boxed in by the Garmins when he was at full speed, thanks to the impossibly small finishing straight.

He did slightly, but got to go again from the Garmin wheel...It became too short a sprint for him, he had it in a big ring, trying to wind it up.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This is why Cav won't win the green jersey. Hushovd knew he couldn't win, he kept chugging and got 5th and got a decent amount of points.

Yesterday Cav gave up as soon as he saw he couldn't win and came in 12th.

This is why Hushovd will win the green again this year.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
Renshaw is such a rider, Ciolek another rider i've banging on about, miles better than Grieple

Cav got it done but that was down to Renshaw. Clever riding by HTC instead of brute force like last year.

Was it Eisel coming off the front looking round and thinking WTF where is he?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
When Renshaw gets it right Cav won't lose most times. Pettachi needed more assistance from Hondo. CAV is a bit one dimensional as he needs his team but HTC is very good at leadouts.

Garmin really cocked that up. When you have guys who have shown form by coming 2nd and 3rd the day before and one with a broken wrist, why the hell would you let the one with the broken wrist be the final guy for the sprint? Should have gone Farrar then Hunter and Dean.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
What was Garmin doing anyway? They looked crappy.

Farrar tried to come back to the sprints too early... Should have given Hunter/Dean another go at it, but today was built for Cav with the turn so close. Cav has the accel that Ale -Jet misses.

Great leadout by Garmin though, got Farrar where he needed to go, just not fit enough to contest it.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Cav absolutely f**king owned everyone out there. :D

Great lead out for Cav by Garmin again. They never learn.

EBH looked really quick again but got boxed in and was far too back. I can see him winning a stage in this tour, if he gets it right I can see him being quicker than everyone

Cioleck did a surprisingly decent sprint, maybe his form is back.

Pretty good day for Hushovd. Like last year, he doesn't really look like winning a sprint finish but he just consistently gets top 10's and picks up wins when most sprinters aren't there (hilly stages, cobbles etc). Chapeau to him, that's how you win the green jersey I suppose.