• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France - Stage 8, 195km - Castres / Ax 3 Domaines, July 6th

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Quintana will be caught on the final climb. He's having to do a lot more work on this descent than Porte and everyone he'll be dragging up the last climb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Fantastic racing by all, well, except Saxo. Nice of Sky to realise the threat and respond with a strong tempo. Will be interesting to see if they can match 2005 times now.

Saxo is doing exactly what they are supposed to do, not wasting energy before a 18 km or so long descent, would be useless. And we still have to see what they gonna do on the last climb, maybe Kreuziger is having a go.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I tell you what, apart from Q being fantastic, Kennaugh can seriously go up and down. Always thought sky's future hopes for him were a bit fanciful, but he looks seriously useful...

Where's Danny Martin?

The Hitch said:
Dont think the tactic from Movistar was that good afterall. Sky just went the same pace they would have gone had he never attacked, and now hell have a 35 sec or so advantage going into the climb but be far more tired than he needed to be.

I think they were expecting a couple of second tier contenders to follow quintana forming a dangerous group.

The Hitch said:
Dont think the tactic from Movistar was that good afterall. Sky just went the same pace they would have gone had he never attacked, and now hell have a 35 sec or so advantage going into the climb but be far more tired than he needed to be.
I have the feeling you'd have to eat your words by the end of the stage.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Race as in the whole tour? Or race as in this stage? He will be fine for this stage but tomorrow could be a very different proposition :rolleyes:
I'm thinking the whole Tour. Having a guy with you at least until the foot of the last mountain is valuable even for Cadel. It's not like he'll win anyway but I'd like to see him have a good race.

Sky are pulling back Quintana. :/