• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France - Stage 9, 168.5km - Saint-Girons / Bagnères-de-Bigorre, July 7th

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If Movistar doesn't try anything then this whole thing by them has been pointless. "yeepee" porte is tired, but tomorrow is a rest day so who cares. If they cant try anything on Froome when he's alone then this is going to be the most boring tour ever.

The Hitch said:
You patronise me for saying its boring but if you honestly think that riders cycling around a region together, for 2 hours, with no attacks and time gaps remaining the same the whole time, is something really exciting then you can find endless joy in watching full replays of all the sprint stages of the TDF in the last 10 years. Theres a reason montain stages get far higher ratings than the sprint ones.

Call me wierd, but I much prefer watching the sprint stages - I love watching a good sprint train in action :)

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
forkboy84 said:
No, I patronise you because you are look at it as a black & white issue. There ARE boring stages & great stages. There are also alright stages, decent stages, good stages & so on. This is fine. It's not the greatest thing ever but I'm also not bored. It's not going to remembered in 10 years but how many are? What, it's terrible because it was really exciting in the beginning? Sorry Hitch, but that's an absurd logical failure. Sorry that I'm capable of appreciating things that are merely OK I guess?

It's a shame that you're so hard-bitten or cynical or whatever that everything needs to be best ever though. It's nice being able to appreciate a lot more than that.

Ive enjoyed it, brilliant first 1/3, pretty disappointing 2/3, so so far it equates to fair to quite good. Big next 30 mins though.

akrogirl said:
Call me wierd, but I much prefer watching the sprint stages - I love watching a good sprint train in action :)

At least for sprint stages you know when to watch.

After the start today I thought I was in for a great day of cycling and stayed home to watch.... little did I know I was going to watch movistar pulling froome up the climbs

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
akrogirl said:

At least the sprinttrains you see make sense. This movi-train is probably the stupidest thing I've seen in the last 5 years