• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France - Stage 9, 168.5km - Saint-Girons / Bagnères-de-Bigorre, July 7th

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
Excuse me i never said anything needs to be the best ever. I said this stage was boring. And it has. Im hardly the only person who thinks that. Nothing has happened for over 100km despite the fact that there have been 4 climbs in that period.

Of course i must hate cycling for make that observation. Watching 40 riders do nothing for 3 hours isnt the reason most people watch the sport. Maybe you do though.

They did that 100km ago.

What have they done since?

And isolating him from his teammates only works for todays stage. After the final 34k of this stage are done, Porte will be free to start with froome on every stage and protect him all over again.

I think they missed a big chance on the flat part of the course