• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Top 15

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Let's try again this year:

I think it will be:

1. Froome
2. Quintana
3. Contador
4. Aru
5. Porte
6. Pinot
7. Nibali
8. TJVG
9. Bardet
10. Mollema
11. Rolland
12. Talansky
13. Barguil
14. Martin
15. Kelderman

However, one of the top 3 will crash out for sure. Random.org says it's number 3, so Contador is out. Then we'll probably have two more of these guys to drop out. Random.org says 15 Kelderman - which is probably very likely - and 6 Pinot.

It's likely that a few riders will lose time due to crosswinds - bye bye number 11 and 12, Rolland and Talansky - and probably two riders will blow up/get sick etc. - Random.org says that's number 2 and 13 - Quintana and Barguil.

Then we have our list:

1. Froome
2. Aru
3. Porte
4. Nibali
5. TJVG
6. Bardet
7. Mollema
8. Martin

Now we need to add 7 more. Let's ask Random.org to pick 7 random riders from the 50 most likely to win according to Bet365: Rui Costa, Schleck, Gesink, Frank, Yates, Vuillermoz and Sepulveda

Then our final top 15 is:

1. Froome
2. Aru
3. Porte
4. Nibali
5. TJVG
6. Bardet
7. Mollema
8. Martin
9. Rui Costa
10. Schleck
11. Gesink
12. Frank
13. Yates
14. Vuillermoz
15. Sepulveda

This would certainly be an asterisked Tour :p

Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
RattaKuningas said:
Pantani_lives said:
RattaKuningas said:
5. someone unexpected
And who do you expect to be this someone unexpected?

Someone who I can't even think of right now and a name that hasn't been mentioned as a top 15 contender right now. :D
I just have this feeling.

Bart de Clerq? :p

Surely it will be Zubeldia! Bart De Clerq has been riding nicely this year though...

Re:

RedheadDane said:
11. The guy who places eleventh
He might make the top 10 if someone gets disqualified.
Rollthedice said:
1. Contador
2. Quintana
3. Nibali
4. Pinot
5. Bardet
6. TjVG
7. Landa
8. Porte
9. Aru
10. Valverde
What happens to Froome? A crash or just not good enough?
gregrowlerson said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
RattaKuningas said:
Pantani_lives said:
RattaKuningas said:
5. someone unexpected
And who do you expect to be this someone unexpected?

Someone who I can't even think of right now and a name that hasn't been mentioned as a top 15 contender right now. :D
I just have this feeling.

Bart de Clerq? :p

Frank Schleck :D
It might be someone who starts as a helper, but moves up when he's sent along in a breakaway. I'm thinking of Kreuziger, Poels, Amador or Kangert. Or Tom Dumoulin, telling everybody that he's just there to prepare the Olympic time trial.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Vesica said:
So far just one top 10 prediction for Valverde (by Rollthedice)?? Even if he goes for stages and helping Quintana he will probably end hup higher than last say Kelderman for example.

Not if he loses 20 minutes in the first week on purpose.

Pantani_lives said:
RedheadDane said:
Rollthedice said:
1. Contador
2. Quintana
3. Nibali
4. Pinot
5. Bardet
6. TjVG
7. Landa
8. Porte
9. Aru
10. Valverde

Froome will be good enough but I fear for a limited time. There is a high possibility that he will crash out based on last 4 GTs he started out of which he finished half of them.

Rollthedice said:
Pantani_lives said:
RedheadDane said:
Rollthedice said:
1. Contador
2. Quintana
3. Nibali
4. Pinot
5. Bardet
6. TjVG
7. Landa
8. Porte
9. Aru
10. Valverde

Froome will be good enough but I fear for a limited time. There is a high possibility that he will crash out based on last 4 GTs he started out of which he finished half of them.
lol, even miraculous nibs' win taken in 2 days didn't make you more tolerant...definetely not a kind of prediction a neutral fan makes.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
1. Nibali
2. Pinot
3. Aru
4. Contador
5. Bardet
6. Alaphilippe
7. Meintjes
8. Henao
9. Pantano
10. Porte
11. Gesink
12. Talansky
13. Thomas
14. Barguil
15. Mollema

:D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Contador may have a pretty big effect on the minor placings in case he needs to create mayhem in the third week, in which case gaps are likely to be way bigger.

Did he create any mayhem in 2013?

LaFlorecita said:
SeriousSam said:
Red Rick said:
Contador may have a pretty big effect on the minor placings in case he needs to create mayhem in the third week, in which case gaps are likely to be way bigger.

He did cause Froome to throw a tantrum about "dangerous descending".
Wasn't that the year when he almost took down Froome on a descend though?

Hugo Koblet said:
LaFlorecita said:
SeriousSam said:
Red Rick said:

He did cause Froome to throw a tantrum about "dangerous descending".
Wasn't that the year when he almost took down Froome on a descend though?

Yes, Contador took a risk and almost wiped Froome out.

No prediction, so I won't be jinxing anybody. I like LaFlo's, Rollthedice's, and even better SergeM's predictions tho ;). Incidents and accidents put aside, the question remains: who can beat Froome and Sky? On the paper, it's more open than previous editions, with three solid and pretty even riders above a dozen of guys or so very close to each other. One or more of them must take chances, get in a break week one, and who knows, may podium.

SeriousSam said:
Red Rick said:

I'm very very sure he will be stronger this year and if he isnt extremely far behind he will surely attack a lot. Hopefully the Astana guys are also not in the lead but in a range in which attacking makes sense, because Contador, Nibali and Aru going all out would be superb.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
Is there anyone in this thread NOT predicting outstanding results from all their favorite riders?

Is there always someone in a thread complaining about things that have been complained about before tv even existed?

Try to be original mate

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
Is there anyone in this thread NOT predicting outstanding results from all their favorite riders?
I think I didn't do that bad:
Anderis said:
1. Quintana
2. Froome
3. Contador
4. Aru
5. Pinot
6. Valverde
7. Yates
8. Bardet
9. Talansky
10. Barguil
11. Mollema
12. Kreuziger
13. Meintjes
14. Van den Broeck
15. Vuillermoz
1. Cannondale is foremost my favourite team.
2. My favourite GC riders apart from Cannondale are TJVG, Mollema. Wouldn't mind Porte upsetting the favourites as well.
3. I like Froome by far the most out of the "big four".

TRENDING THREADS