Tour de l'Avenir 2021 (August 13-22)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Putting a TTT in this race is beyond stupid, what's the point?
I'm fine with an ITT, but nobody needs a TTT in an u23 race with national teams from all around the world...
The worst part is that they put it basically every year these days. Meanwhile a decent-length ITT never happens anymore, as much as the discipline has declined it's still far more relevant to modern-day racing than the TTT, and that's before factoring in the national teams.

The worst part is that they put it basically every year these days. Meanwhile a decent-length ITT never happens anymore, as much as the discipline has declined it's still far more relevant to modern-day racing than the TTT, and that's before factoring in the national teams.
Absolutely *** if you ask me..: it makes no sense to put a TTT anymore… would love to ear some kind of explanation from the race director about it

Reactions: Sandisfan
17 coureurs devant
A 30" 2nd groupe
A 35" 3e groupe
A 50" 4e groupe
A 1'05" 5e groupe

It's a straight up war today. Sad there isn't any live broadcast, a bit stupid for the biggest u23 race when there's lesser known races that do have some sort of broadcast.
No idea who's where right now.

Still a 40 seconds advantage for those 17.

Umba DNF after his crash.

EDIT: 30" gap now

EDIT2: Garofoli attacked from 2nd group, but still 40s behind. Looks like the first group is gonna sprint for the win (uphill sprint)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Johanessen definitely did a really good job for the GC today, being the only GC guy in the first group. The Dutch guys are far ahead but they're irrelevant for GC.
I wouldn't discount Healy and Hindsgaul completely, but Johannessen is definitely the winner.

Antoine Raugel was in 5th place. The Hauts-de-France/Grand-Est kit looks like the Slovenian national team's.

Horrible day for some of the GC guys.

GC:
1. Van Dijke
Johannessen 47"
Rodriguez 1'40
Ayuso 1'40
Garofoli 1'55
Zana 2'02
Verre 2'05
Hellemose 2'15
Lipowitz 2'21
Toumire 2'26