• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne 2020

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Remco is nuts! :eek: He is from another planet wow. Fantastic day of bike racing.

I missed the attack. How did he get away in the first place? Was it by pure strength or did he catch them by surprise. Everybody and their mothers know by now that you just don't let him go. He gets 10s at 50km to go and you don't see him again until after the finish line.

Reactions: Big Doopie
No time trial in this year's edition. Carapaz has to be the favorite, now.
Oops. I stand corrected. It was not a surprise to see Remco take off with about 50 Km remaining, but I did not expect him to be able to execute that well. I should have learned my lesson by now. Insane performance! Chapeau. (And maybe there was a time trial, after all. Remco inserted a 50-kilometer one in today's stage.)

Last edited:
Remco is nuts! :eek: He is from another planet wow. Fantastic day of bike racing.

I missed the attack. How did he get away in the first place? Was it by pure strength or did he catch them by surprise. Everybody and their mothers know by now that you just don't let him go. He gets 10s at 50km to go and you don't see him again until after the finish line.
The latter. He caught the rest sleeping whilst stocking up on supplies.

Reactions: Hihope and johnymax
Without a doubt the best performance I have seen so far from Evenepoel, even taking San Sebastian into account. This was a top quality field with many GC and classics riders in great shape (and not tired after the Tour).

I would have liked to watch the attack to see why nobody followed Evenepoel - the live feed mentioned that Fuglsang tried to go after him several times and was caught back again when Evenepoel's gap had already reached 1 minute. Also, the british commentators (Brian Smith?) called it a big mistake on Fuglsang's part that he did not respond to Evenepoel (not sure I would say that in hindsight given that the gap between the two just kept growing from 1 minute to almost 2 minutes even after Fuglsang committed to the chase).

It was just a normal stretch of road. Cattaneo did great disruption work when Fuglsang and some others tried to counter. Then Dunbar was leading the group for a long while while Bora, UAE and Sunweb support riders looked on. But I don't think a harder chase would have mattered, he's just that much better.

Last edited:
I agree, but it is scary to think that he was so confident that he would win by such a comfortable margin that he chose that as his celebration.

Is it possible he was simply carrying it with him in case he won by a big enough margin?

I prefer this over hands off.

Me too. I like my hands firmly attached to the rest of my body.

TRENDING THREADS