• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne 2020

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Richard Carapaz out of the race:

The Ecuadorian was holding the race lead when he went down, and despite finishing the stage the decision has been taken to withdraw him from the race to speed up his recovery process ahead of a busy programme.
Looked like he only had some scratches, bumps and bruises, but it's perfectly understandable. Today nothing was going to change anyway in GC.

They have produced 18 winners of the Tour....but it’s been a while...
It is not about how many they won it is about how many different riders won it. Which is 10, and only 2 after WWII Merckx and Van Impe.
Ill grant you that I originally wanted to add that Belgium basically does not produce GT winners SINCE WWII.

In other words don't complain about not getting GT winners since Merckx since he was the outlier.

Does Slovakia suddenly have 5 monument winners because of Sagan? And should they therefore expect more monument winners soon?

Last edited:
It is not about how many they won it is about how many different riders won it. Which is 10, and only 2 after WWII Merckx and Van Impe.
Ill grant you that I originally wanted to add that Belgium basically does not produce GT winners SINCE WWII.

In other words don't complain about not getting GT winners since Merckx since he was the outlier.

Does Slovakia suddenly have 5 monument winners because of Sagan? And should they therefore expect more monument winners soon?
Euh, this doesn't make sense.

Easy there Panda. I was having a chuckle about the Belgians complaining about the lack of Tour wins. My uncle was grumbling about it all through the 70s and 80s.

Fortune in the Tour comes and goes. Belgium and France will have future winners.

TRENDING THREADS