• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne, 30 July - 5 August, 2.UWT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I meant the link posted on the Tour de Pologne 2022 FB page. But, please, do not attempt! There is a "Suspicious Website" warning.

But that's not the official facebook account of the race.

If you go to the Tour de Pologne website you have the facebook logo in the upper left corner and it redirects to this account

But that's not the official facebook account of the race.

If you go to the Tour de Pologne website you have the facebook logo in the upper left corner and it redirects to this account

Wait, so the "Everything in Polish" account is the correct one?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
@RedheadDane, the site you've talked about that requires creating an account to watch the coverage is some kind of scam and the FB profile that posted link to this site is also a fake one. Probably someone wanted to make of the situation that there's not an international coverage and spread fake links for questionable purposes.

Here's a link to the offcial coverage and I hope that with a help of some free VPN you'd be able to watch it. I hope that Tiz will also share some working streams.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Awful route. An no tv-coverage?

This is really bad. With the Benelux Tour also cancelled the last third of the race calendar this year is just dreadful. UCI really needs to do something the coming years about the calender after the Tour.

I definitely agree that aside from the Vuelta there is very little opportunities for climvers after the Vuelta. A shame that the Colorado Tour (or whatever the name was) was cancelled because atleast there were mountains. An obvious choice is to extend Deutschland Tour to 7 or 8 stages and seek harder climbs possibly in Bavaria but I have no idea if that is on cards and of course I expect Benelux Tour to return next year

Last edited:
i think the uci rules say that a WT race must be live in at least 10 countries + the host country. It's the second year in a row now and for some reason this race is still WT.

there is coverage on various pay tv channels, among others on Flobikes (USA, Canada), Ziggo Sport (Netherlands), Proximus (Belgium) or Sky Sport NZ (New Zealand). So they probably fulfill those demands of 10 different countries.

I definitely agree that aside from the Vuelta there is very little opportunities for climvers after the Vuelta. A shame that the Colorado Tour (or whatever the name was) was cancelled because atleast there were mountains. An obvious choice is to extend Deutschland Tour to 7 or 8 stages and seek harder climbs possibly in Bavaria but I have no idea if that is on cards and of course I expect Benelux Tour to return next year
Not many stage races. But some of the late-season one-day races in Italy suit climbers more than prototypical Ardennes-type classics riders.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
It was not on GCN in 2021 - I remember the coverage had English commentary - I distinctly remember Almeida winning stage 2 an uphill finish from Ullisi and Mohoric, while Julius Van Berg won stage 7 from a break.
I remember Almeida absolutely awesome attack from (5 km from finish I believe), and how they caught him and he got away (I think twice even?). It was magical since it was Almeida first WT win. And then he won stage 4 in Zakopane as well.

And the race in itself was very aesthetically pleasing. Poland is beautiful :)

The race has to accomodate various cities and towns that pay for being a starting/finishing place to be financially sustainable but there are very few mountainous regions in Poland and most of them far away from populated areas so it's very difficult to put something together.
yeah, but originally stage 5 was still hard:

20ezRX3.jpg

Between the route presentation and now, they somehow changed it to a reduced sprint

• Sad
interesting that Hayter somehow ended up in this race. I mean, it's obviously a good looking profile for him, but initially he was supposed to win some gold medals for England in the Commonwealth Games this week, and it actually seemed to be pretty big goal for him as well.

• Wow