• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Romandie, Stage 1: Martigny - Leysin, 172.6km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Leysin.gif

Tougher than I expected. Contador won here in 2006.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Yeah, but they're only doing the last 4k of the climb, so Basso's gonna have to attack at the base if he wants to ride FTW.

why are they only doing the last 4km?

unless the time on the tv is wrong, the gap really isn't coming down much at all.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Looks like they're on the murderous Col du Pillon now. :D
Yup, the break just started up it.

Gap nearly down to 6 minutes now. The pack has to hope these guys crack big time going uphill.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Cause that's how they designed the parcours. They're gonna do a 1st cat. now, short descent, and then do the last 4k or so of the climb to Leysin.

Meh, the profile looked different to that...break will definetly stay away now.:(

auscyclefan94 said:
Swizerland is such a scenic country, seems like a good place to ride your bike!

It indeed is. I started cycling in flat windy and rainy Denmark. Now my standard lunch-time ride goes through the vinyards to Chexbres and back - with views of the Alps across Lac Leman. I just watched them passing Chexbres 2 hours ago - now back in the office 'working'.

The first couple of kilometers from the lake to Chexbres are actually quite steep, and it was telling of the pace (or lack of) that not a single rider had been dropped.