• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Romandie, Stage 1: Martigny - Leysin, 172.6km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Seems his climbing form is getting worse and worse.

Can't even keep up with the likes of Froome and Weening on an easy climb.

Also an underwhelming performance by Kruijswijk and Porte
LLS was stuck behind the split in the peloton after the crash on that last descent. Kruijswijk... underwhelming, yes, but suffering from the cold, according to his DS.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Seems his climbing form is getting worse and worse.

Can't even keep up with the likes of Froome and Weening on an easy climb.

Also an underwhelming performance by Kruijswijk and Porte

If he doesn't lose any more time tomorrow (which is rather unlikely) then it's not impossible for Martin to steamroll his way to a top-5 or better in the TT.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
No need to defend yourself, 99% agree on this. :D

At the beginning I thought you would be a positive guy making some sense. :D
Must be all that bad influence and peer pressure here, to keep cycling and riders as negative as possible, and concentrating on all "the good and beautiful" things - or just keep it crapish.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Nice win for Brutt. He's so smooth and stylish that I have to think that he's capable of a decent TT if/when it really matters. Hopefully he will be challenged though.

Sorry to hear about Bennati:(

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Probably nothing happened, except simply getting dropped. Bennati was the one who crashed (as he broke his clavicle today).

All the best to Bennati. Thats terrible when considering Giro and his rising form.

Great to see Menchov "up" there, while Kreuziger got +5:31.
Results look freakish, while I think that "epic" stages and weather use to look somehow different. :D

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just pointing out your hypocrisy. Everybody was calling T-A course weak as well and that they already should declare Cancellara a winner.

Let's wait for the complaining till after the race shall we ;) This stage wasn't too bad.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No, now the GC boys will have to attack Brutt if they still want to win which can add some excitement ;)

Remember Arroyo last year in the Giro? ;) I'm sure it won't be that exciting, but it could definitely turn out into an interesting week of racing.

No my analogy isn't flawed. Wait till the race is done before you complain. Otherwise go watch a different race, problem solved.

But hey, troll away all you want about how much this race sucks. It's not like it hasn't been said 10000 times before. It's getting tiresome. If the race sucks, don't watch it.

theyoungest said:
Probably nothing happened, except simply getting dropped. Bennati was the one who crashed (as he broke his clavicle today).
That leaves LEOPARD's Giro team almost bereft. I wonder now the PT points system cat has been left out of the bag whether they will replace him will another leftover leftover, or someone pencilled in for California.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
That leaves LEOPARD's Giro team almost bereft. I wonder now the PT points system cat has been left out of the bag whether they will replace him will another leftover leftover, or someone pencilled in for California.

I don't think they need to worry about PT points too much.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Froome looking great as well, his time trial is also good so Top 10 is possible. Would be great.

Yeah I was impressed by him today. Not used to seeing him at the front of races so I thought he was Wiggins for the longest time, Wiggo was of course minutes behind.

TRENDING THREADS