• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de San Luis (2.1) Januari 21-27 (11 WT / 27 teams total)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
tomorrow said:
well, I don't think he will go after overall. I think he will battle with Cavendish and Boonen likes in flat stages and in the finishes that are slightly uphill. I think there are only 2 uphill finishes that are to hard and to long for him to get to them in front. However he might easily win the other 5 stages and make all the people be complaining about how the race is boring, even though they have liked the profile at first. I don't say it will happen surely, but there is high probability of that providing he's already in something like 80 percent of his potential. Nobody will be there in their top form. Just look at the profile of the last ToC and you'll see what I mean.

so Sagan cleaning up in Argentina. Boring? Perhaps, but we may never know if the organizer fails to deliver TV production.

LaFlorecita said:
I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too

Red Rick said:
I demand this race to become WT

I demand a "decent broadcasting"-This races is becoming bigger & bigger every year to simply set for a "shambolic" feed:mad:

.... and I ain't talking about the TV broadcasting only- those folks in Argentina must learn how to narrate a damn race like my countrymen do: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpmzG7l-3Oo

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
calinmarian said:
I don't want Argos and FDJ in San LUIS they have no big climbers in their teams.I want Thibaut Pinot to leave FDJ next year.

So what ? All best climbers need to be at Skys and Saxobanks of this world.... ?

Dazed and Confused said:
so Sagan cleaning up in Argentina. Boring? Perhaps, but we may never know if the organizer fails to deliver TV production.

well, it wouldn't be boring for me even if he won all the stages as I am his fan, however I can understand the complaints about it from the other people that want some excitment in the finish, not just question who will be the second. Of course, if he's in Argentina too, this is not the question either. I would be Haussler :D

tomorrow said:
well, it wouldn't be boring for me even if he won all the stages as I am his fan, however I can understand the complaints about it from the other people that want some excitment in the finish, not just question who will be the second. Of course, if he's in Argentina too, this is not the question either. I would be Haussler :D

so you see Cav just hanging around at the back on all the stages?

Dazed and Confused said:
so you see Cav just hanging around at the back on all the stages?

Well, first of all, it was meant as a joke. Everytime Sagan won a stage during last ToC, Haussler was second.
However, indeed, I don't think cav will win anything in Argentina, as many have said, he does not have really impressive starts to season. On the other hand, Tour de San Luis is very important for "new" Cannondale team, so I expect the riders to be in quite good shape for it. We'll see. Hopefully, there will be some tv coverage from it.

tomorrow said:
Well, first of all, it was meant as a joke. Everytime Sagan won a stage during last ToC, Haussler was second.
However, indeed, I don't think cav will win anything in Argentina, as many have said, he does not have really impressive starts to season. On the other hand, Tour de San Luis is very important for "new" Cannondale team, so I expect the riders to be in quite good shape for it. We'll see. Hopefully, there will be some tv coverage from it.

got the ref to California.
Last year Quick Step banked 5 stages and the overall in the race (current CQ data). Pretty serious business. Don't think it will be a walk in the park for Cannondale this year, but as you say: the action will tell the full story.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
I demand this race to become WT

that's really the last thing the race and cycling there needs :rolleyes: it's alreayd a f'n blasphemy to see so little latin american teams this year. where are the colombians??!! ridiuclous. instead we will have to see the joke that is lotto belisol

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
that's really the last thing the race and cycling there needs :rolleyes: it's alreayd a f'n blasphemy to see so little latin american teams this year. where are the colombians??!! ridiuclous. instead we will have to see the joke that is lotto belisol

The race is growing, and when the organizers want´s more attention for the race they invite bigger teams. And with that there isn´t much place left for local teams. As simple as it´s. How mant French team did you see in last years TdF? Or how many Italian Teams did you see in the Giro? etc etc
I don´t think Lotto Belisol is a "ridicolous" team..

//Fritz

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Cykelbloggar said:
The race is growing, and when the organizers want´s more attention for the race they invite bigger teams. And with that there isn´t much place left for local teams. As simple as it´s. How mant French team did you see in last years TdF? Or how many Italian Teams did you see in the Giro? etc etc
I don´t think Lotto Belisol is a "ridicolous" team..

//Fritz

in argentina and south america. cycling is very local. so nobody has ever heard about lotto or most of the european teams or cares. why do you think races in argentina such as doble bragado and vuelta san juan are way more popular?

TRENDING THREADS