• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de San Luis (2.1) Januari 21-27 (11 WT / 27 teams total)

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
this is what makes Alberto so special. He can't finish a stage race without a win even if he says he isn't in top form!! Whatever happened to hushovd?? I want to see him in roubaix.

jens_attacks said:
well he's the organizer i guess.he's present at every stage,claudio poggi is his name

hope you didn't miss the fox sports highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzCo26H2eoo

contador was invited too for an interview.

OMG Jens that is probably the best highlights package ive seen of any cycling race. Amazing that the live channels have such **** footage but fox sports have are recording it all in hd.

And instead of 2 commentators droning on over footage of 2 breakaway guys, they have a live studio where the guys are really excited about the race, bringing in the governor, interviewing the winners en directo, and saying things like "this is a historic day for Latin American cycling"

Ryo Hazuki said:
what is so funny about that?

Nothing, its just nice to see.

virandociclista said:
very happy to see Alberto, the king, winning here in South America.. and very happy to see my friend Alex Diniz sharing the podium with the King!!

Great day! :)

You his friend or figure of speech?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
this is what makes Alberto so special. He can't finish a stage race without a win even if he says he isn't in top form!! Whatever happened to hushovd?? I want to see him in roubaix.

It's starting to look bad for Thor. And while I don't like his riding style it's a shame he's at this level right now. Cq-team wise it's actually good for me, as I haven't picked him, so I wouldn't mind him having another bad season. :D But he'll probably turn out to be fine when PR comes around.

Stage 7:

altimetria_etapa-7.png

GC recap:

1 Daniel Diaz (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 20:37:28
2 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:33
3 Alex Diniz (Bra) Funvic Brasilinvest 0:00:39
4 Alberto Contador (Esp) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:01:02
5 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:01:47
6 Mauro Santambrogio (Ita) Vini Fantini-Selle Italia 0:02:29
7 Miguel Angel Rubiano (Col) Androni Giocattoli 0:02:34
8 Javier Acevedo (Col) Jamis-Hagens Berman 0:03:00
9 Bart De Clercq (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:03:14
10 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:03:17

Not a bad circuit to finish the race with. Could be difficult to control, if raced seriously. Six seconds separate TJ and Diniz. Anybody with info on the little kicker in the end?

The Hitch said:

He is my friend!

erico-alex-magno.JPG

(magno prado, me and alex diniz).

sofrendo-com-alex-2.JPG

me and alex diniz.

I am not from the team, some time I spent my vacation with them in the team house.

alex-eu.jpg

this time, alex diniz was in vacation!

so, it was very special to see him sharing the podium with the king!! very special! :)

virandociclista said:
He is my friend!

erico-alex-magno.JPG

(magno prado, me and alex diniz).

sofrendo-com-alex-2.JPG

me and alex diniz.

I am not from the team, some time I spent my vacation with them in the team house.

alex-eu.jpg

this time, alex diniz was in vacation!

so, it was very special to see him sharing the podium with the king!! very special! :)

Very Nice; thanks for sharing!!!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
OMG Jens that is probably the best highlights package ive seen of any cycling race. Amazing that the live channels have such **** footage but fox sports have are recording it all in hd.

And instead of 2 commentators droning on over footage of 2 breakaway guys, they have a live studio where the guys are really excited about the race, bringing in the governor, interviewing the winners en directo, and saying things like "this is a historic day for Latin American cycling"

Nothing, its just nice to see.

that's what I said. in many countries in south-south america broadcast cycling with high production values, but when local station has to give live images it sucks. in brazil and uruguay they broadcast on big national channel and have heli's and everything

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
And while the other TJ has just won a world tour stage race. This TJ still hasn't won any stage-race at the professionals, whilst he is by all standards a far superior stage-racer.

Cycling is funny sometimes

The only funny thing is that TDU is World Tour.

TRENDING THREADS