• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2021 (June 6-13)

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Clipboard.gif

GC

Clipboard-GC.gif

Fuglsang exit interview:

"I had really bad legs today.
The first 10K was ok, but then I started to hurt
The altitude made a difference
1:15 to Carapaz is a lot, but the race isn't over until we hit the finish line tomorrow
Anything is still possible, but of course it has gotten a lot more difficult".

- and with that, I leave you, much, much more important things than cycling going on in Denmark today :p

Reactions: Sandisfan
Fuglsang exit interview:

"I had really bad legs today.
The first 10K was ok, but then I started to hurt
The altitude made a difference
1:15 to Carapaz is a lot, but the race isn't over until we hit the finish line tomorrow
Anything is still possible, but of course it has gotten a lot more difficult".

- and with that, I leave you, much, much more important things than cycling going on in Denmark today :p
Herring fishing WC? ;)

Well it was a very special time trial with many factors coming into play so any result is probably "normal" here.
I would have thought Fuglsang with his climbing legs, descent skills and some weight for the fast downhill sections should have ruled it, but if he had bad legs today...

Nice to see Carapaz in yellow aga- no, wait. This jersey should go to the worst rider, as a punishment. Give him back a decent jersey.

I don't think Uran can take the jersey from Carapaz tomorrow, despite this performance today.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I've got Uran at a crazy 400-1 each way bet for the Tour at bet365 a couple of months ago. Just saying ;)
Crazy performance.

I just put $20 on him at 200-1 with an Australian betting company that literally has very little idea of what is going on!

That doesn't mean that all their odds are good value though.....they have Nibali and Aru at the same odds as Uran, and SIMON Yates at 50-1. I'm not kidding.

Uran traveling back to the Giro of 2014.

This was exactly my thought.

People always seem surprised when he does well but Rigo has always been able to pull out a good performance on exactly this kind of stage when he's in good form.

I like seeing Rigo win. He's a great rider who seems to always come up just short of the top step in the big races. His team seems to like riding for him.

TRENDING THREADS