• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2021 (June 6-13)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Where are you? It's on my eurosport player program - they call it Tour of Switzerland for the first stage, then Tour de Suisse... Can't see a reason why they wouldn't have any player coverage in your country at all then? :eek:

In Denmark TV2 Sport broadcasts the men's race whereas ES/GCN only seem to have the rights to the women's.
And according to the ES schedule it doesn't appear to be available with English commentary either, but maybe someone with a subscription knows if that is true or not.

Where are you? It's on my eurosport player program - they call it Tour of Switzerland for the first stage, then Tour de Suisse... Can't see a reason why they wouldn't have any player coverage in your country at all then? :eek:
East Europe. I looked in the player program, there is Tour de Suisse/Switzerland but only for women. There is also Tour of Belgium/Slovenia next week. But no Tour of Suisse for men at all. Eurosport player is kinda geo-locked, sometimes even the prices are different. So the content can be different. I was hoping Eurosport UK will have it live, but from their schedule it doesn't look like it. Apparently in France might be ok if the tv schedules are correct but my French is dusted.:rolleyes: Where are you from?

Last edited:
So, that 2nd ITT is kind of interesting. What are you guys expecting? Dennis? I know Bissegger and Leknessund should get over hills quite easily. Leknessund being a GC/TT rider in the U23's, and Bissegger taking everyone by surprise in Course de la Paix, getting over mountains while he was thought to be an allrounder/sprinter, and all of a sudden this guy climbed with the best. Leknessund also won that unofficial Norwegian mountain TT a year ago, ahead of Foss. Both excellent TT'ers who can climb. I'm also keeping an eye on Hirschi but i don't know if the descend is technical enough for him to take time back.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see Dumoulin here, as well as Tiberi.

East Europe. I looked in the player program, there is Tour de Suisse/Switzerland but only for women. There is also Tour of Belgium/Slovenia next week. But no Tour of Suisse for men at all. Eurosport player is kinda geo-locked, sometimes even the prices are different. So the content can be different. I was hoping Eurosport UK will have it live, but from their schedule it doesn't look like it. Apparently in France might be ok if the tv schedules are correct but my French is dusted.:rolleyes: Where are you from?
She's German.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Yeah, I'm in Germany. Eurosport have taken more cycling into their program here, I didn't think the programs would differ. For some races here there's no German commentary though, but the English one or simply the original sound. Well, I hope you can find a way to watch it if you want to. :confused:

In Germany Tour of Switzerland is shown on Eurosport Player only, as the TV-Channels show French open.

It's on Eurosport 1 in the Netherlands though.

It's neither on Sportklub or Arena Sport, so indeed a bit weird Eurosport doesn't have the streaming rights.

RTL.lu doesn't show Tour of Switzerland anymore. Back in the day their stream wouldn't even be go-restricted like with other races.

Maybe your lucky and Eurosport Russia shows it on one of their TV-Channels. In that case you're certainly going to find a stream on livetv.ru with acceptable image resolution.

Depending on whether you speak Russian, English or German there should be streams in decent quality.

The Russian language ones have good image resolution most times. If someone streams SRF, quality should be fine as well. British Eurosport might be bad though.

The Russian streams usually have decent quality, while the English ones tend to be pixels sludge sometimes.

So if he doesn't need to rely on English as he understands either Russian language or German that would certainly benefit him finding a proper stream.

But watching a race for 2 hours in a language you barely understand is quite annoying actually. Hence why I mentioned it.

I have to think Rohan is more than just a dark horse. The guy who finished 2nd to Bernal 2 years w, on a route with 2 TTs, no steep climbs, a truncated Queen stage, riding for the team of the guy that beat him last time here...

I’m not calling him an outright favourite, but I don’t think anyone should call it a “surprise victory” if he pulls it off.

I have to think Rohan is more than just a dark horse. The guy who finished 2nd to Bernal 2 years w, on a route with 2 TTs, no steep climbs, a truncated Queen stage, riding for the team of the guy that beat him last time here...

I’m not calling him an outright favourite, but I don’t think anyone should call it a “surprise victory” if he pulls it off.
Unless they just put him on the front and burn him before the final, I could see that happening too... I hope he gets a shot though and is good enough to take it.

Unless they just put him on the front and burn him before the final, I could see that happening too... I hope he gets a shot though and is good enough to take it.

I'd assuming he'll be in yellow after the TT so hopefully they'll leave him have a shot. Assuming it'll be similar to the Dauphine where they have Thomas and Porte and neither are riding for each other really so hopefully Dennis will be in one of those roles.

What do we expect on the stages here? Looking at stage 2 and 4, are they too hard for the sprinters here. I'd assume someone like Matthews will survive here but what about Laporte and VDP?

Stage 3 looks like the only out and out sprint stage or am I overrating the climbs on 2 and 4

I'd assuming he'll be in yellow after the TT so hopefully they'll leave him have a shot. Assuming it'll be similar to the Dauphine where they have Thomas and Porte and neither are riding for each other really so hopefully Dennis will be in one of those roles.

What do we expect on the stages here? Looking at stage 2 and 4, are they too hard for the sprinters here. I'd assume someone like Matthews will survive here but what about Laporte and VDP?

Stage 3 looks like the only out and out sprint stage or am I overrating the climbs on 2 and 4
Stage 2 is hard and with Ala, Hirschi and VDP being here I can't see a sprinter winning that one.

• Wow
Stage 2 is hard and with Ala, Hirschi and VDP being here I can't see a sprinter winning that one.

I'd consider VDP a sprinter I suppose in this field. Im also assuming on form, Matthews is there abouts in all those stages. VDP on stage 4 (is that climb too long for him to hold on if there's attacking racing) and Laporte (he's shown he can climb well in the past) are the two question marks I have.

TRENDING THREADS