• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2021 (June 6-13)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'd assuming he'll be in yellow after the TT so hopefully they'll leave him have a shot. Assuming it'll be similar to the Dauphine where they have Thomas and Porte and neither are riding for each other really so hopefully Dennis will be in one of those roles.

What do we expect on the stages here? Looking at stage 2 and 4, are they too hard for the sprinters here. I'd assume someone like Matthews will survive here but what about Laporte and VDP?

Stage 3 looks like the only out and out sprint stage or am I overrating the climbs on 2 and 4
I hope so too. I don't expect it will be the same as it is with Porte and Thomas (and Hart), even though I think Thomas is officially the leader (not now anymore since Porte has yellow). Porte and Thomas did at least ride GC together before this season, while Dennis hasn't ridden GC at all this season (last time and first time and only time he did for Ineos was Tour Down Under 2020). If he can hold on though and they realise this before they are halfway up the climb putting him on the front, I could see him perform. If he is in the Tour selection they probably want his climbing form to be good so it should show here too.

Reactions: Sandisfan
For many years I've been watching races on Italian RAI (I'm not Italian) and I've really enjoyed that. I don't know the language at all, but after watching for example the whole Giro, I already knew all the most important cycling phrases. So yes it actually could be kinda fun :D

Watching the first part of stage 1 of the UAE Tour this year with Arabic commentating was definitely... an experience. However, otherwise I would have missed half the action when a bunch of them decided to go bonkers through the desert!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I hope so too. I don't expect it will be the same as it is with Porte and Thomas (and Hart), even though I think Thomas is officially the leader (not now anymore since Porte has yellow). Porte and Thomas did at least ride GC together before this season, while Dennis hasn't ridden GC at all this season (last time and first time and only time he did for Ineos was Tour Down Under 2020). If he can hold on though and they realise this before they are halfway up the climb putting him on the front, I could see him perform. If he is in the Tour selection they probably want his climbing form to be good so it should show here too.

Stage 8 is the only stage really where he should have to work and he could have minutes over Carapaz and Sivakov at that point.

Sounds almost as weird as "Hungarian seaside".
I know, but it still was a MTF and he finished 3rd, even if it wasn't the hardest climb in the world.
tour-de-hongrie-2021-stage-4-climb-n2-ee64ef863a.jpg

TRENDING THREADS