• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2021 (June 6-13)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the U23's Sivakov and Leknessund were top-tier ITT'ers. Here they get slapped around by half the peloton. WTF. Before joining DSM, Leknessund beat Foss a few times and managed 13th in the WCC ITT, and won the U23 EU champs ahead of Bissegger. What is DSM doing with these kids? Van Wilder is losing his ability to climb, Leknessund can't TT anymore. I think they're sapping these guys' powers to infuse Benoot!

In the U23's Sivakov and Leknessund were top-tier ITT'ers. Here they get slapped around by half the peloton. WTF. Before joining DSM, Leknessund beat Foss a few times and managed 13th in the WCC ITT, and won the U23 EU champs ahead of Bissegger. What is DSM doing with these kids? Van Wilder is losing his ability to climb, Leknessund can't TT anymore. I think they're sapping these guys' powers to infuse Benoot!
Sivakov was riding very carefully. The roads were wet and I don't blame him for being extra cautious.

Reactions: Sandisfan

DSM might be the most overrated team regarding "developping" young riders. So many prospects choosing that team over other teams for some unknown reason and it almost never works out.

Van Wilder just needs more time, probably also because DSM did everything they could to ruin his first year as a pro.

Where did Dumoulin and TDF suddenly come from?

Confused by the negativity toward Dumoulin. He stepped away for like six months and comes back with TT that wasn't up to his normal standards but was pretty close to Dennis and that's supposed to be horrible? Whatever his results are,, I'm happy to enjoy him riding and hopefully improving the rest of the year.

DSM is just a terrible, terrible org. I really dislike that team and all their stupid rules - they treat their riders like robots.

Reactions: Samamba
My money is on Vansevenant pulling an upset in this race.

I think he will do a top 10 - maybe even top 5 - and get a late selection for the Tour, despite being a rookie.

If Alaphilippe is doing GC at the Tour, they are short on climbers.
No way Alaphippe contest GC. Maybe until Ventoux, heck maybe until the Pyrenees, but I cannot see a world where Alaf is top-5, barely top 10 even. And thats probably not worth it compared to the stages he could get.

No way Alaphippe contest GC. Maybe until Ventoux, heck maybe until the Pyrenees, but I cannot see a world where Alaf is top-5, barely top 10 even. And thats probably not worth it compared to the stages he could get.

Considering the team theyre selecting, he has no climbing help at all so I really doubt he's going for GC (Cattaneo and Asgreen are the best ones he has uphill). Maybe they'll take another climber like Vansevenant, but as is I doubt he's doing anything for GC

Clearly they are planning to gain at least 12 minutes in echelons...

I guess the real plan is to go for stages without deliberately losing time, just seeing where it leads... and he will lose significant time eventually, probably on stage 9.
It all depends on how UAE and Jumbo approach the race, I guess. I am wondering whether one of them wants to gain time through bonus seconds on the early stages, especially Roglic, or maybe even with van Aert as a contender if he's in form again, and whether they will try to catch some breaks which Ineos would have let go.

TRENDING THREADS