• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse, Stage 1 Saturday, June 9 7.3 km Lugano

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:
Like Wiggins was?
Wouldn't put anything past Sagan at this point.

I never seen someone with his body type do it...going back to F Moser, Olano etc. He's a great rider. I suppose if the parcours where less in the mountains it is possible, but very unlikely.

His power to weight ratio is too great to consistantly overcome a run of big mountains. The Verbier tomorrow might give us some insight. Unless the climbers leave it late (which is possible), he will have problems.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Sagan, what a ride. He is even beating Cancellara at his own game now. It is a pleasure watching this guy perform.

To think those idiots at Liquigas thought Nibali was a better chance for MSR than Sagan early on in the season. It beggars belief.

Erm no, Cancellara crashed hard at the Ronde, remember?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Just saw results now and i must say I am really impressed by Kessiakoff, he has been struggling with a virus this season, yet his perfomance today was of a truly high calibre and it emphasises his TT ability.
He was going well at the Vuelta last year before sickness struck and imo he can get a top10 at the tour if both Brajkovic and Kiserlovski (and Kash and Vino) do not live up to lofty expectations.

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Just saw results now and i must say I am really impressed by Kessiakoff, he has been struggling with a virus this season, yet his perfomance today was of a truly high calibre and it emphasises his TT ability.
He was going well at the Vuelta last year before sickness struck and imo he can get a top10 at the tour if both Brajkovic and Kiserlovski (and Kash and Vino) do not live up to lofty expectations.

I really hope that he'll do the tour if he does okay here in TdS. Today was very impressive. He said in an interview earlier this year (in swedish) that he struggles when the stages are over 200 km long. Looking at this years route for the tour the two most important mountain stages are both under 150 km. This bodes well for a good result.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
I ask you this. Was there any member of this forum including yourself who thought Sagan would Cancellara? Even more so would anyone of thought it especially after Cancellara posted the fastest time. Obviously he probably was'nt at his best but it still took a hell of a ride to beat that time. You can't just dismiss that.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=894454&postcount=28

This smart fellow for instance.

gooner said:
I ask you this. Was there any member of this forum including yourself who thought Sagan would Cancellara? Even more so would anyone of thought it especially after Cancellara posted the fastest time. Obviously he probably was'nt at his best but it still took a hell of a ride to beat that time. You can't just dismiss that.

gooner said:
Well done for calling it.:eek:

Good prediction. I thought Sagan would of been in the bottom half of the top 10.

Well he came 3rd on the course last year. And since then Sagan seems to have improved even more, while Canc crashed.

gooner said:

Sagan is a better short climber than Cancellara and is just as crazy downhill. Flat Prologue he wouldn't get close.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:

He had no virus, but suffered with some allergy.