• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse: Stage 6, Meiringen - La Punt (213.3km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
Don't let reputations fool you... in longer TTs in which they both participated, Gesink even has a slight edge on Löfkvist.

Gesink just can't do prologues, that's all.

No way, Løvkvist has up to now had a better level in both prologues and longer time trials, Løfkvist has many exellent results in tt's, while you can't exactly say the same about Gesink.

However, I think Gesink with an inspired ride, will beat Løfkvist in the last time trial in this race.

DamonAlbarn said:
Jens Voigt (a couple of years ago at the tour): "Yesterday I asked Bjarne Riis, Bjarne! I want to go! Go! Go! But he said 'No'! Today I asked him, Bjarne I want to go, go, go! But he said 'No!' Later I asked him, can I go tomorrow I want to go, Bjarne I want to go! And he said 'Maybe'. I take that as a yes"

(or something to that effect)
complete nutter, jens Voigt

How can you not love Jens Voigt, truly one of my favorites.

Goldberger said:
No way, Løvkvist has up to now had a better level in both prologues and longer time trials, Løfkvist has many exellent results in tt's, while you can't exactly say the same about Gesink.

However, I think Gesink with an inspired ride, will beat Løfkvist in the last time trial in this race.
Gesink was 10th in the Olympic time trial, at age 22. And he beat Löfkvist in the last two longer TTs they rode against each other. WTF do you have to do to be considered a decent TT-ist ;)

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Goldberger said:
No way, Løvkvist has up to now had a better level in both prologues and longer time trials, Løfkvist has many exellent results in tt's

According to CQ, Gesink and Löfkvist have directly competed in 7 ITTs. Gesink finished ahead 3 times, Löfkvist 4 times. Looking at cumulative time differences, Gesink leads by almost 2 minutes.

while you can't exactly say the same about Gesink.

He has finished top 10 in TTs in the Basque Tour (twice), Tirreno, Vuelta a Espana, Dauphine and at the Olympics.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i didnt realise Gesink was any good at tts but 10th at the olimpics is very respectable
he should really hold on then i guess

what do people make of Morabitos chances, i had him down as a reuleur so surprised he wasnt dropped today

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah, but he won't make up 1:50, neither would he win by much anyway.
You were flat out wrong underestimating Gesink's tt

No I wasn't, I have always thought Gesink is a decent at tt, I just think Løfkvist is better. I also think Gesink will hold on in the time trial by a pretty good margin.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
And they say I am bad.:rolleyes: - Dutch!

Anyway, that was a pretty awesome ride by Gesink. Nobody can say he didn't come here with very very strong form. He was amazing! Gesink's celebration was...odd.

Great ride by Steve Morabito, he was with all the big boys which was pretty impressive. 3rd on GC so hopefull he can make some inroads or hold a top 5 gc position. He will be good for the tour.:)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
ACF will now either develop a huge crush on LA or be furious that you have blasphemed her true god by likening him to that false prophet. :p :D :eek:
Edited!

hfer07 said:
but the "new Evans" is the one "attacking" and getting older every day, of course..
Like we all are!

theyoungest said:
Sorry to say, but Gesink wasn't interested in winning this race. Not until today, at least. He spent a lot of energy in useless attacks in one of the earlier stages (the one that Schleck won) and took it easy in the prologue, because "it's all in function of the Tour anyway". This result obviously changes it.

People forget that the TT isn't the only stage to follow, there are still two other stages in which time differences can be made. If the GC stays the same, Gesink has it in the bag, barring accidents. He really isn't such a bad TT-er, the longer the TT, the better he does.
Of Course he wasn't.:rolleyes: But today's results obviously says he does care!

Great ride by Steve Morabito again. Hopefully he can put in a impressive performance in the final tt. I did not think he would be able to stay with the big guns to the finish.

The Dutch posters are getting behind there hero! Case for the defence!

Gesinks celebration is always the same

Tour of Belgium win as neo-pro:
gesink.jpg

Gesink in California 08

Amgen+Tour+California+Stage+3+moGVbWBfhd7l.jpg

Gesink in Emilia, 09

emilia09_arrivo2.jpg

Gesink today
par3304014_600.jpg

See ACF?

ACF: he only was interested in this stage, it was al over the press here.

Obviously he didn't expect to be in the lead and definately not by this much, so now he will defend it (why let this chance go) ;)

Fact is he DID take it 'easy' on purpose in the prologue and did do useless attacks in the first hilly stage to 'test' himself in function of the Tour

So you can be weird however you want, all facts show what theyoungest say is true.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
What's wrong with his left arm, does it not reach above his shoulder? Or is he making a semaphore signal? Maybe it he is trying to tell us that something is going to happen at twenty past ten?

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
What's wrong with his left arm, does it not reach above his shoulder? Or is he making a semaphore signal? Maybe it he is trying to tell us that something is going to happen at twenty past ten?

Maybe he is scared of getting a hand too far away from the bars? :p

TRENDING THREADS