• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Wallonie 2020

SyNp65XS_400x400.jpeg

If you're tired of mountain finishes this race may give you some relief.

4 Stages, flat to hilly. Top contenders, I'd say: Caleb Ewan, Oliver Naesen, Greg van Avermaet, Sam Bennett, Arnaud Démare, Philippe Gilbert, Nacer Bouhanni, Matteo Trentin. Also Nizzolo, Jetse Bol, Tim Merlier and Bryan Coquard. Have fun, don't crash!

Profiles according to PCS:
tour-de-wallonie-2020-stage-1-profile-5bb00ab849.jpeg

tour-de-wallonie-2020-stage-2-profile-9edf4b2a0d.jpeg

tour-de-wallonie-2020-stage-3-profile-a2a870c827.jpeg

tour-de-wallonie-2020-stage-4-profile-f91ece33c6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RedheadDane
Why did Bennet get dropped? At least Viviani managed to win when he was given good support.
Gilbert and Stybar made it hard for some of the sprinters with their attack and Bennett gave the "I'm done" sign.

Bouhanni looked a little frustrated. Like I think he thought he was boxed in and couldn’t do his sprint.
Isn't that part of the point of having a leadout man in the finale? If he's there that deep in the sprint, McLay has got to help Bouhanni get space. They definitely didn't appear to be on the same page.